Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on November 19, 2009, 01:25:59 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 19, 2009, 12:39:58 PM
Yep. Cone of cold, ice weapons and winter's grasp ripped them up nicely. I don't have blizzard yet.

I am finding blizzard to be rather worthless, myself.
pretty useful is you combine it with the electric storm.
With the blizzard, they are often frozen in place, plus they take damage.  Add the lighting storm, and they take an extra damage.  If you want to make it even better, you go with the hex spell right after they are frozen, then you go with lightning.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on November 19, 2009, 02:52:39 PM
I'm in the Deepr Roads atm and last night I learned the origins of the darkspawn...  Very creepy athmosphere.  :thumbsup:

My entire party wiped except for myself and a few seconds more I would have died as well.  However after meeting with Branka we were literally slaughtered by the never ending flood of darkspawns.
Didn't lose anybody with that.  Fairly easy to beat.  And it has been revealed as early as last March, with pictures of that ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Slargos on November 19, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
I normally prefer playing these games with a Warrior main character but it certainly sounds like Mages are the way to go.
There can be spoilers ahead, so it's your choice to read below.  I'm not gonna put it in white.

[SPOILER]

You can go with a warrior and have a lot of fun.  The thing is however, in this game, with your NPCs, you get 3 or 4 other warriors (4th is Shale the Golem, available with the DLC), while you only get 2 mages, Morrigan and Wynne.  So you don't have a lot of choices there, seeing that Wynne may leave you if you chose the wrong option at some point.  I hear that Morrigan can also abandon you if you play too much of a good guy.However, with the warrior, if you don't want to ruin your game, you have to decide really early on if you'll go with one weapon + shield, 2 weapons or a two handed weapons, because your abilities as you evolve are not the same at all.  Also, you might want to developp some skills with ranged weapons.  That's the only real drawback to being a non-mage.
[END OF SPOILERS]

[/]

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Ok, I put in white.

Anyway, here is a nice quizz:
Wich Dragon Age character are you
It has some nice video on the bottom of the page.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2009, 03:23:15 PM
Personally, I don't get....

We always assume that anything can be put in that blank when you are involved.

Martinus

New DLC coming up this Xmas has been announced - Return to Ostagar.

What do you guys think would be a good moment in the game to stop following the main plot, and just suspend it (and do DLC content)? I'm thinking before calling the Diet.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2009, 04:21:06 PM
New DLC coming up this Xmas has been announced - Return to Ostagar.

What do you guys think would be a good moment in the game to stop following the main plot, and just suspend it (and do DLC content)? I'm thinking before calling the Diet.

I generally take a break and do side quests after every major plot hub.  I mean those plot hubs are intense it is nice to just take a break and remember what it was like to have space in my packs again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

Is there any sort of bonus for filling out all the branches of a talent tree?

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 19, 2009, 05:17:35 PM
Is there any sort of bonus for filling out all the branches of a talent tree?

You get an achievement...but you will eventually never do that as you discover which skills you actually use or not.  There are so many skills/spells to choose from.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DisturbedPervert

Meh, unless achievements give you something I've never understood the point of them. 

I've almost filled out the two handed tree with Sten, only 3 more in one line to go.  Might go for something else first if there is no benefit to filling it out. 

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 19, 2009, 05:31:31 PM
Meh, unless achievements give you something I've never understood the point of them. 

They did in Mass Effect but do not seem to do anything in Dragon Age.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2009, 03:23:15 PM
Personally, I don't get the spoilers hysteria, especially in a game like this. Yeah, it has a cool plot and is fun to play but 99% of plot twists could have been seen coming from a mile.
"We must believe in free will.  We have no choice."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!