Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

How much does the keep cost again? $7?  Do the folks who have it think it's worth it?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

It'd be even more difficult if you didn't use the keep either, or download the DLC.  The camp chest is a bioware mod the same as the keep, it's just free.  Walking back and forth is just a pain in the ass.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 04:34:43 PM
Who are the Qunari supposed to be.... the Norse?
I think so.  Big guys with pretty womens that you rarely see?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 08:37:50 PM
um ok, so is it actually possible to win the battle against the three Drakes in the Temple Caverns without turning difficulty down to easy?  :huh:
of course :)
It's super easy.

After the 5th or 6th attempt :P

What you need to do is to lure the characters one by one, try to dispose of the mage first, freeze the drakes, use sleep, horror, bash, destroy, kill, eliminate, whatever!  :D

IIRC, cold is effective against these beasts, so I used my freezing spells on the drakes, and concentrate on one at a time.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 08:48:44 PM
My (main) mage doesn't have that yet.  I typically use fireball in these situations but these dudes seem to be immune.  Usually fireball + let them burn/pummel with arrows and lightning bolts/arcane shots + sleep + horror on one target + CHARGE! or something like that.
dragons, dude, dragons!!  Do you really think a fire breathing beast would be damaged by some little fire??  ;)  :D

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 11:20:00 AM
How much does the keep cost again? $7?  Do the folks who have it think it's worth it?

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2009, 11:21:32 AM
What's in the Keep?

Yes it is worth the 7$.  I got the collector's edition so I had all this included in my package, but I think it's all worth the 10$ more I paid for the game :)

What's in it?
Well, you got another level with some more creeps to kill.  Spawns&demons mostly.  A few ghosts.  A ton of experience.

And once it's complete, you can get 2 merchants, one of wich is a smith that can craft you a nice sword if you had the Superman interlude ;)
And you got your chest, of course.

Imho, it's worth it.  So is the Shale expansion.  I so like that guy! :D

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: viper37 on November 19, 2009, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 08:48:44 PM
My (main) mage doesn't have that yet.  I typically use fireball in these situations but these dudes seem to be immune.  Usually fireball + let them burn/pummel with arrows and lightning bolts/arcane shots + sleep + horror on one target + CHARGE! or something like that.
dragons, dude, dragons!!  Do you really think a fire breathing beast would be damaged by some little fire??  ;)  :D

Yep. Cone of cold, ice weapons and winter's grasp ripped them up nicely. I don't have blizzard yet.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2009, 11:21:32 AM
What's in the Keep?

A very special drink, some old warden's sword and a couple of dudes you can buy some things from.

DisturbedPervert

The next DLC has been announced, Return to Ostagar, for $4.99.

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=61314

Honestly I would much prefer a real expansion pack in stead of piece meal dungeon packs like this.

Caliga

I still have not gotten the golem nor do I have any clue as to where to go to get him, but if he's anything like the golem form you get in the Fade, I badly need his ass in my party. :mmm:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 12:43:55 PM
I still have not gotten the golem nor do I have any clue as to where to go to get him, but if he's anything like the golem form you get in the Fade, I badly need his ass in my party. :mmm:

Way better than the form you get in the Fade.  :)

Habbaku

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 19, 2009, 12:39:58 PM
Yep. Cone of cold, ice weapons and winter's grasp ripped them up nicely. I don't have blizzard yet.

I am finding blizzard to be rather worthless, myself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 19, 2009, 12:43:53 PM
The next DLC has been announced, Return to Ostagar, for $4.99.

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=61314

Honestly I would much prefer a real expansion pack in stead of piece meal dungeon packs like this.

I can get that.

However I am a total sucker and junkie for Bioware's sweet RPG crack.  I understand it is people like me who ruin it for the rest of you...but I am addicted.  *downloads*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."