Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on November 19, 2009, 01:25:59 PM
I am finding blizzard to be rather worthless, myself.

There are a few spells that seem like they should be awesome but actually suck...especially that health regenerating aura in the Spirit Healer line that drains all Wynne's mana.  I mean health regen is not worth not being able to cast any other spells!  Same for Haste.

Next time I will not bother getting them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 12:43:55 PM
I still have not gotten the golem nor do I have any clue as to where to go to get him, but if he's anything like the golem form you get in the Fade, I badly need his ass in my party. :mmm:
If you have the DLC, at some point, you will hear about a small village where you can find him.  Someone will propose to sell you a control rod for the golem and tell you where he is.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 01:32:26 PM
There are a few spells that seem like they should be awesome but actually suck...especially that health regenerating aura in the Spirit Healer line that drains all Wynne's mana.  I mean health regen is not worth not being able to cast any other spells!  Same for Haste.
I didn't plan out my mage's growth as carefully as I should have and as such I have both Tempest AND Inferno, which are just about the same thing.  The only real advantage to having both is that they don't share a cooldown and you can cast one on top of the other.  A good way to start a battle if you see enemies but have not yet aggroed them is: Inferno + Fireball + Tempest, especially if they are enemies that attack ranged.  Due to this combo I easily annihilate enemy parties of mostly ranged attackers.

But, since very few battles don't include melee attackers as the majority, I still regret picking both of those spells up.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 19, 2009, 12:43:53 PM
Honestly I would much prefer a real expansion pack in stead of piece meal dungeon packs like this.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

I'm in the Deepr Roads atm and last night I learned the origins of the darkspawn...  Very creepy athmosphere.  :thumbsup: 

My entire party wiped except for myself and a few seconds more I would have died as well.  However after meeting with Branka we were literally slaughtered by the never ending flood of darkspawns.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2009, 02:56:41 PM
yay spoilers, it's your birthday!

Yeah, that's why I hardly ever read this thread anymore.  I know who's likely to do it though, so I avoid most when I do read it.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

I didn't really see any spoilers.  He said you learn the origin of darkspawn (but didn't say what it was), and was then slaughtered.

I can live with that level of detail.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Seconded. garbon is overreacting and being bitchy. It's his shtick. :P

DisturbedPervert

I didn't read the post, but then BB reposted it, so oh well.  I didn't really want to know right after I learn something I get slaughtered, but it's not as bad as a lot of other spoilers.  There are people who often post plot spoilers with no warning at all.  HAI GUYS I just had <late game content> happen to me what do you think!?!?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 01:41:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 01:32:26 PM
I didn't plan out my mage's growth as carefully as I should have and as such I have both Tempest AND Inferno, which are just about the same thing.  The only real advantage to having both is that they don't share a cooldown and you can cast one on top of the other.  A good way to start a battle if you see enemies but have not yet aggroed them is: Inferno + Fireball + Tempest, especially if they are enemies that attack ranged.  Due to this combo I easily annihilate enemy parties of mostly ranged attackers.

But, since very few battles don't include melee attackers as the majority, I still regret picking both of those spells up.

The combo you want is Blizzard+Tempest from what I hear.  ;)

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-Gameplay-Forum-SPOILERS/Valamir039s-Guide-to-Spell-and-Magic-Tricks-234008-1.html

Warning garbon! Spoilers!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Personally, I don't get the spoilers hysteria, especially in a game like this. Yeah, it has a cool plot and is fun to play but 99% of plot twists could have been seen coming from a mile.

DisturbedPervert

Slargos

Without delving into the spamfest of plot spoilers this thread has turned into (fuck you, mother fuckers, I don't give a shit what you think of the plot; it's simple fucking courtesy not to ruin it for those who do give a damn) I'm curious as to how the Warrior classes are working out.

I normally prefer playing these games with a Warrior main character but it certainly sounds like Mages are the way to go.

Won't get the game for another couple of weeks, looks like, so for now I'm stuck with touching myself indecently.