Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Where is this campground button you speak of?

Seems like I can only swap my party members around when I actually travel.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

When you go to the world map, there's a little minimap in the upper right corner with an icon of a campfire on it.  Click on that to go to the campsite.  It's a little unintuitive.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Cecil

Quote from: Barrister on November 18, 2009, 01:52:09 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 18, 2009, 01:18:54 AM
You don't lose any party members permanently unless you specifically ask them to leave.  When you get the new person, you'll have the opportunity to select the ones you want to keep in the party at the moment.  When you finally leave Lothering, you'll have a campground button that will enable you to switch your party around however you please (including the ones that you sidelined).

Ah, cool.

Do remember to take most of your toons out for a spin if you wanna do personal quests. Also Pass on some gear to the NPCs you dont use often because they will need it by endgame.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grallon

Of course he is - nothing new in any of these games.  I haven't played Mass Effect - perhaps I should - that seemed different.  Game publishers are just like any other business: they go for the money first - lore/innovation distant second.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 02:08:26 PM
Not sure if this has been posted

I just added a really useful mod that puts a chest in your campsite so that you can store items.  It's been really useful for me, especially to stash all my gifts in there which take up ridiculous amounts of room in my pack

http://social.bioware.com/project/463/#details
You got that with the Grey Warden home base.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on November 18, 2009, 02:06:43 PM
Of course he is - nothing new in any of these games.  I haven't played Mass Effect - perhaps I should - that seemed different.  Game publishers are just like any other business: they go for the money first - lore/innovation distant second.

I thought there was alot innovative about the game.  I especially liked each human nation having its own Euro accent that was pretty interesting.

But yeah they set out to use the familiar fantasy tropes and put a new spin on them, that was the entire stated goal.  I don't know if that is out of some sort of mercenary shallowness because I totally didn't get that vibe out of the game, you can really feel alot of hard work and passion went into it.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: viper37 on November 18, 2009, 04:11:42 PM
You got that with the Grey Warden home base.

But you have to travel to the keep in order to use it.  This is in your campsite so you can access it anywhere.  Much better.

garbon

I agree, Val, although I wasn't a fan of the whole fantasy nations based on real countries. :yawn:

I did like female Jesus though. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2009, 04:17:40 PM

But yeah they set out to use the familiar fantasy tropes and put a new spin on them, that was the entire stated goal.  I don't know if that is out of some sort of mercenary shallowness because I totally didn't get that vibe out of the game, you can really feel alot of hard work and passion went into it.

I'm not saying this product isn't good or well done - it is.  But as you said it's nothing new under the sun.  Even though chocolate cake or pecan pie are good - if it's all there ever is on the menu it gets old.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2009, 04:29:01 PM
I agree, Val, although I wasn't a fan of the whole fantasy nations based on real countries. :yawn:

I just thought it was cool I could tell where somebody was from based on their accent.  That was pretty awesome so long as you get past the fact that accent is shared by real world country.  You cannot really do anything about that because what are they supposed to do?  Make up an accent?

I mean my character would probably be able to know an Orlesian or an Antivan just by hearing them talk and now so can I.  I never have seen that done before...

as for based on real countries...yeah I don't really think medieval Spain was over-run by assassins but maybe that is just me.

Caliga

Who are the Qunari supposed to be.... the Norse?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points