Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 16, 2009, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2009, 05:00:05 PM
Don't you mean main DPS *or* the healer?

I don't have enough mana to do both...

You will.  Plus your staff does a lot of range damage mana free.

Mage healing is really just a backup to when taking healing pots isnt enough  - because the character is stunned or otherwise unable to take the potion.  Also - regeneration is your friend.  It is very mana efficient.

Oh, I learned that the staff does a nice bit of damage mana-free, so I've certainly been using that.

Still struggling with the tactics on everyone else though.  How do I get them to "attach whomever the tank is attacking, but nobody else"?  I can usually get them to attack the tank's target, but sometimes when that target goes down and nobody else is in melee range they start racing off in different directions.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I am pretty sure their is a tactic command to attack the target of ??? or it might be attack whoever is attacking ???.  Take a look at that.

But I wouldnt do that.  I like letting my tank soak up all the aggro and have the other three take down the mobs the tank is not on first. 

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 16, 2009, 05:47:49 PM
I am pretty sure their is a tactic command to attack the target of ??? or it might be attack whoever is attacking ???.  Take a look at that.

But I wouldnt do that.  I like letting my tank soak up all the aggro and have the other three take down the mobs the tank is not on first.

There is.  But I *think* the problem is that once the tank has no target, they do to their second target, who isn't who I want them to attack.

In factI'm not quite clear how the different ranks of tactics work at all...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on November 16, 2009, 01:22:31 PM
Also I read that there's a mod in the works to finally enable the romance for guys with our favorite young templar.  :wub:
Interesting fact:  If you load a homomod, the game will disable itself.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

I cant wait for someone to make a mod to have sex with the dog.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Great the brain hacked Jaron account again.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

I wonder when a family values group will speak out against this because of its simulated gay sex scenes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Scipio

Multiple mage parties are ridiculously easy.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Martinus

Damn, I am already thinking of replaying the game. I'm considering either a human noble or a human mage. Any suggestions?

I think a human noble offers more variety in terms of story line... but not sure.

Berkut

I cannot finish the Redcliffe zombie attack thing. Simply too amny of them, and I get overwhelmed every time.

Shale sucks. He just runs off and dies every time. is there anyway to change your party composition when you are not in a camp?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

I actually had that same problem, Berkut, and then when time when I tried, I simply didn't have it anymore. During one of the quiet periods I walked down to the docks (side of lake closest to mill) and killed a few stragglers over there. A little while later I got a cutscene. Can't really what I did differently that time though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 10:14:18 AM
I cannot finish the Redcliffe zombie attack thing. Simply too amny of them, and I get overwhelmed every time.

Shale sucks. He just runs off and dies every time. is there anyway to change your party composition when you are not in a camp?

Use the knights
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 10:14:18 AM
Like with many of the Bioware games, you just need to make sure you have shitloads of health potions at all times.  That's what it took for me to get through the Redcliffe battle.

I need to mess with the tactics thing more to see if there's a way to trigger your AI-controlled companions to automatically consume poultices/lyrium potions when their health/mana pools drop to a certain level.  As it stands my peeps always fight to the death, though healers like Wynne do heal themselves and others.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Yes you can set tactics to use them. Then they use them furiously. :(