Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2009, 04:29:01 PM
I agree, Val, although I wasn't a fan of the whole fantasy nations based on real countries. :yawn:

I did like female Jesus though. :wub:
She's Joan of Fucking Arc, for Chrissakes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on November 18, 2009, 07:16:03 PM
She's Joan of Fucking Arc, for Chrissakes.

And who was Joan but a Jesus figure? :P :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

um ok, so is it actually possible to win the battle against the three Drakes in the Temple Caverns without turning difficulty down to easy?  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 08:37:50 PM
um ok, so is it actually possible to win the battle against the three Drakes in the Temple Caverns without turning difficulty down to easy?  :huh:

Cone of cold fixes their shit what good.

Edit : Actually, I find cone of cold makes just about every boss fight a hell of a lot easier.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Scipio

Quote from: Habbaku on November 18, 2009, 08:41:54 PM

Cone of cold fixes their shit what good.

Edit : Actually, I find cone of cold makes just about every boss fight a hell of a lot easier.
F'shizzle, m'nizzle.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

My (main) mage doesn't have that yet.  I typically use fireball in these situations but these dudes seem to be immune.  Usually fireball + let them burn/pummel with arrows and lightning bolts/arcane shots + sleep + horror on one target + CHARGE! or something like that.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DisturbedPervert

I never did that fight.  I snuck past and the rest of my party got teleported to me when I ran in to a cut scene   :lol:

I would have used force field to incapacitate one (can't resist) and then petrify and sleep and try to take them out one at a time

Caliga

Meh, I got tired of trying different strategies, all of which failed, so I just tuned the difficulty down to Easy for that fight.  Had to do the same thing later when I ran into some more drakes.  Unless I do that, they all have this Overpower move where they throw my peeps to the floor, one at a time, and eat them to death.  Just couldn't figure out any way to stop that from happening, aside from Sleep which has a cooldown of course.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 04:34:43 PM
Who are the Qunari supposed to be.... the Norse?

Seem to be a blend between the Vikings and Mongols, in a generic "foreign invader" way.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2009, 07:33:49 AM
Cone of Cold + Jumpy Lightning = Death
I have neither spell, but I've since put Morrigan back into my party, who has Cone of Cold.

Solmyr

I agree with the Yahtzee review on one thing though, the world maps look like someone puked them out. :P

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 06:51:03 AMUnless I do that, they all have this Overpower move where they throw my peeps to the floor, one at a time, and eat them to death. 

Maybe you could interrupt it with something like Shield Bash. 

viper37

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 18, 2009, 04:25:05 PM
But you have to travel to the keep in order to use it.  This is in your campsite so you can access it anywhere.  Much better.
true, also makes the game quite easier ;)
That's why I use my Keep ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.