NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Bye bye Kings!!!! HELLO WINGS
Winner of THE grumbler point.

PRC

CANUCKS!

Good series by the Kings.. they're going to have a good team for the next few years.  Smyth won't be there much longer because of his age and the injuries he has sustained over the years but the rest of the Kings are looking good.  Doughty is going to be a Norris trophy calibre defenceman for a long, long time.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2010, 02:36:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2010, 01:51:51 PM
God damn it.
7 games :p

I am going to be watching tommorow's game with fear and dread.  The Caps have got to put people away man.  They were behind 2-0 in the first and then...they just couldn't come back so freaking frustrating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2010, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2010, 02:36:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2010, 01:51:51 PM
God damn it.
7 games :p

I am going to be watching tommorow's game with fear and dread.  The Caps have got to put people away man.  They were behind 2-0 in the first and then...they just couldn't come back so freaking frustrating.
At this point it has to be in the Caps head, what with blowing it at home. but then again i don't think the Habs have won at home in like 6 games. basically it's who chokes first. but i do think, one way or anotehr, washington is going through.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

A couple of nice saves by Lou there.

Delirium

Dammit, Capitals. I can't see any other team stopping Pittsburgh (season's #1 strategic objective) than Washington. Obviously that will be difficult if they can't beat the Habs.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2010, 11:05:05 PM
At this point it has to be in the Caps head, what with blowing it at home. but then again i don't think the Habs have won at home in like 6 games. basically it's who chokes first. but i do think, one way or anotehr, washington is going through.

Beating the Habs in 7 is not exactly a good sign.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2010, 08:34:18 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2010, 11:05:05 PM

Beating the Habs in 7 is not exactly a good sign.

Losing to the Habs in 7 is going to be worse.

Delirium

I was pondering the fact that this season was really close in both conferences, almost all the teams were more or less in the race for the playoffs until really late, the way I recall it hasn't been that close since, well maybe never.

Anyway, it's not too far-fetched to think that this is in some way related to the fact that all the playoff series have been  close affairs with a silly number of overtime deciders, and the only one which wasn't was an upset.

Is this the salary cap really showing its effects, at the same time as a number of teams finished (or have come close to finishing) their rebuilding, like the Avs and the Kings? Or is there something else in the works? And how do you explain the Coyotes? Or the Flyers for that matter? Discuss.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Valmy

BuddhaRhubarb

Like I said. Canucks in 6 games. Very entertaining series. Kings are a solid well coached young team.
:p

Grey Fox

Neil

Well, dirty play allowed the Canucks to win.  Hopefully, whoever they face next will be able to stomp them out.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2010, 12:08:13 PM
I will not falter. Habs or death!

The Habs are my second favorite team so if disaster should strike...once I recover from my catatonic state of depression I will be rooting for them.