News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Canucks vs. Blackhawks is going to be a war... these teams do not like each other.

Delirium

Quote from: Drakken on April 27, 2010, 10:23:03 PMThey said that about the Capitals as well, and look where they are : on the way out unless Halak chokes or one Capital player rips his head off.

You seem to assume the Pens and the Caps are exactly the same team, don't know why.  :huh:

The Pens have a cup, the Capitals have not played a playoff series under Boudreau in under seven games. Washington and Ovechkin have a lot to prove, Pittsburgh and Crosby do not.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Neil

Also, let's remember that Halak has shown these flashes of brilliance before.  We'll see how he performs.  Overlooking Washington, even as poorly as they've played this series, would be a mistake.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

I can tell you why Boudreau can't seem to coach a Playoff series under 7 games...he doesn't adjust, expecially on the powerplay.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Delirium

I'm not saying Washington are worthless because they can't finish off Montreal, I am saying that the team to beat in the East is Pittsburgh (especially now that the Devils are out, who saw that coming?).

In any case I think the more entertaining series are in the West, both Canucks vs Hawks and Sharks vs Detroit are going to be good, long, hard-fought series. My prediction is Vancouver in seven and Detroit in six. Vancouver then win in seven.

In the East I think the Caps will come through after all, then go on to beat the Flyers in seven. Pittsburgh will need six games against Bruins. Pens then beat Washington in five.

Stanley Cup champions will be Pittsburgh in six, unfortunately.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 28, 2010, 06:51:20 AM
I can tell you why Boudreau can't seem to coach a Playoff series under 7 games...he doesn't adjust, expecially on the powerplay.

The Sabres, which I like, did not score on the powerplay.  :cry:

Neil

Vancouver will never reach the finals.  Cheap shot artists, punks and thugs, the lot of them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Delirium

They at least have a goaltender.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2010, 08:38:21 AM
Vancouver will never reach the finals.  Cheap shot artists, punks and thugs, the lot of them.

and Twinkies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2010, 08:38:21 AM

:rolleyes: Yeah they were the ones with all the cheap shots in that series. :rolleyes:
:p

Delirium

I take it in-depth analysis is frowned upon around here.

Neil

Quote from: Delirium on April 28, 2010, 04:00:20 PM
I take it in-depth analysis is frowned upon around here.
Not really.  That said, people are partisans, and so rational analysis doesn't get as much traction as calling the Canucks a bunch of cheap fucking faggots who should all die in a fire.

C.C.R.

Quote from: PRC on April 27, 2010, 11:12:47 PM
Canucks vs. Blackhawks is going to be a war... these teams do not like each other.

Which will provide for an entertaining series to watch, but I fear that whomever wins that series will be too banged up to knock off the winner of the Wings/Sharks series...

:(

Neil

HVC

well new coach for washington it is.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.