News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

:(  Hope is a fickle bitch.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Man does Chicago ever look shitty.  Their powerplay makes them look shorthanded, and all their guys make terrible decisions and aren't aggressive with the puck, or with puck support.  I had hoped they'd make some noise this year, maybe bring some honour back to the West, but I can see they're going to be lucky to make it out of the second round.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2010, 09:39:33 PM
Man does Chicago ever look shitty.  Their powerplay makes them look shorthanded, and all their guys make terrible decisions and aren't aggressive with the puck, or with puck support.  I had hoped they'd make some noise this year, maybe bring some honour back to the West, but I can see they're going to be lucky to make it out of the second round.

Word.  They got really lazy in that second period, made a metric fuck-tonne of shitty passes & the Preds just out-hustled them to loose pucks.  If they don't pull their heads out of their asses in the third there's going to be a Game 7 on Wednesday night...

C.C.R.

Well, thank goodness for the even more inept Nashville power-play...

Zoupa

So it's the hawks against the Canucks?

I am: torn  :(

The Hawks were always my 2nd fav team growing up, but the Nucks have Luongo and Burrows.

Go Hawks!

Zoupa

Ed Anger

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 26, 2010, 09:06:25 PM
:(  Hope is a fickle bitch.

Since I'm assuming you mean the Sabres, never bet against the devil.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Man do I ever hope Les Glorieux beat the Capitals, so that they can go on to crush the Penguins.  It's good to see the Habs standing up for themselves and not getting punked out like they did last year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Delirium

Unfortunately I don't think the Pens can be crushed this year.  :(
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Neil

Quote from: Delirium on April 27, 2010, 10:38:21 AM
It will happen.

Neil

The NHL has mandated that Detroit must advance.

Jaron

Poor Coyotes getting slaughtered.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Drakken

Quote from: Delirium on April 27, 2010, 10:38:21 AM

They said that about the Capitals as well, and look where they are : on the way out unless Halak chokes or one Capital player rips his head off.

Even Boudreau publicly said to journalists that his own team didn't have the killer instinct to finish the Habs off. Plus their powerplay is abysmal for a team supposely killer in offense : 1 in 28 since the beginning of the playoffs.  :wacko:

And I feel the Montreal crowd screaming "Ovie sucks" really had an effect on the Caps' morale. He just wasn't playing like the usual Ovechkin last night. We are maybe the only fans in North America who now unanimously pan and loath Ovechkin for being, well, an arrogant ass.

If the Habs manage to strike out Ovechkin AND Crosby/Malkin in a row, we have a serious contender for a 25th Cup in Montreal. We'd have Miracle on Ice all over again. Chances are about the size of a miracle, though, or whether Halak continues his streak.

Jaron

San Jose is going to crush the Red Wings in 5
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.