News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

They are still worth doing, they get easier which makes them more fun.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2009, 01:43:17 PM
Something that bugs me a bit: I'm LVL19.

I have about 25 quests, some in Bree Land, some in the Old Forest. the Barrow Downs, some in the Shire, and I did a few quests in the Lone Lands. Since I did some of the Lone Land quests that were white for me (or a level below) relatively easily, thus causing me to level up, I'm now left with over two dozen quests that are now light blue, green, one or two even grey - which will make them a too easy walk in the park. At the same time I don't want to give up on them because of the reputation and deeds. :(

I'm in same spot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 11, 2009, 01:22:00 PM
So G., you left the Kin after they gave you all that stuff? :huh:

:lol:

Wouldn't be shocked if he did.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2009, 05:12:21 PM

Nobody *gave* me anything; I paid for everything that was given to me in platinum or ancient steel ingots and in gold.  Who the fuck do you take me for you grotesque fool?  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2009, 01:43:17 PM
I have about 25 quests, some in Bree Land, some in the Old Forest. the Barrow Downs, some in the Shire, and I did a few quests in the Lone Lands. Since I did some of the Lone Land quests that were white for me (or a level below) relatively easily, thus causing me to level up, I'm now left with over two dozen quests that are now light blue, green, one or two even grey - which will make them a too easy walk in the park. At the same time I don't want to give up on them because of the reputation and deeds. :(
Yeah, I'm level 16/17 and I've still got loads of early Shire quests I forgot to do, but I'm a bit of a completist so I want to finish them :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Similar here.

Something that I sometimes still find hard to do at times is not rushing through quests. Something I picked up in WoW: collect quest without reading the quest text, only the requirements, fulfil the requirements, return to colelct the reward; i.e. rushing through the game to level up quickly.

With LotRO I find it's much more immersive to actually read the quest texts as plenty of them are very well written, but often I have to force myself to not just click a quest giver and then rush off again immediately.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

What's the consensus about Champions and weaponry? 2x1H or 1x2H?

Some skills give damage for main and off hand weapon. A 2H only gives the main hand damage and no offhand damage.

2H is also slower than 1H, so the attack rating is reduced, but on the other hand it's pretty devastating when you use exchange of blows.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Re: quests.  The only ones I go back to finish if they are greyed out are the Epic Quests.  I am able to complete the deed for finishing x number of quests in an area without doing grey quests so I am not sure what value they have.

Am I missing something?

Stonewall

Quote from: Grallon on May 11, 2009, 06:38:35 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2009, 05:12:21 PM

Nobody *gave* me anything; I paid for everything that was given to me in platinum or ancient steel ingots and in gold.  Who the fuck do you take me for you grotesque fool?  <_<

G.

Thought maybe you had taken on the persona of Jaron.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

Stoney, aren't you a metalsmith?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2009, 10:27:15 AM

Some skills give damage for main and off hand weapon. A 2H only gives the main hand damage and no offhand damage.

2H is also slower than 1H, so the attack rating is reduced, but on the other hand it's pretty devastating when you use exchange of blows.

A matter of personal preference, 2H feels too slow for me, I like to dual-wield with two axes  :cool:

The heavier/slower the weapon the less likely one is to run out of power, which could be an argument against using two swords.

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 13, 2009, 12:48:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2009, 10:27:15 AM

A matter of personal preference, 2H feels too slow for me, I like to dual-wield with two axes  :cool:

The heavier/slower the weapon the less likely one is to run out of power, which could be an argument against using two swords.

Another advantage of dual wield is, of course, that you can wield TWO stat boosting items. I found a good purple club and a yellow axe on the AH over the weekend, and I've been using them for 3 or 4 levels ow with nothing better coming up so far (DPS 10.2 and 9.6). ;) Power hasn't really been a problem so far, but then I'm only LVL20 and haven't even been to the Great Barrow yet. :blush:

At the moment I'm mostly finishing some deeds (slayer deeds - yaaawn) to improve my traits. Spiders and brigands in Bree were easy. Wolves in the Shire and Sickle Flies in Bree will take some time.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2009, 02:51:01 AM
With LotRO I find it's much more immersive to actually read the quest texts as plenty of them are very well written, but often I have to force myself to not just click a quest giver and then rush off again immediately.
Yeah I find the text quite good in its immersiveness.  Plus I like the mix of quests in this game, especially in the Shire were a good number of them are terribly peaceable.

I finished all my grey quests last night and I'm now down to getting the green and light blues done before I move on into Bree.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2009, 12:51:50 AM
At the moment I'm mostly finishing some deeds (slayer deeds - yaaawn) to improve my traits. Spiders and brigands in Bree were easy. Wolves in the Shire and Sickle Flies in Bree will take some time.

Syt, make sure you check those deeds, and what you get from them.

In fact, you should reference one of the guides out there for your class, decide on what Traits you want, and only do the "Kill X" deeds if they fulfill a trait you want.

You will only ever use 6 or so, and there are more than a dozen. If you go around completing Slayer deeds for all the traits, the quests being too low level problem will be even worse.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Berk, I'm doing that. I'm mostly going for traits that give vitality or might or wound resistance for now as those seem most useful for my champ. :)

I'm also a bit of a completist, though.  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould