News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US East Coast trip - Tips welcome

Started by The Larch, August 18, 2009, 02:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 18, 2009, 06:50:05 PM
Who was it on here that was saying Cambridge is a tiny village the other week?  :lol:

Wasn't it Yi?

Anyway, checking out Harvard Square is fun. :)

and Central Square is fun if you want a little psuedo-ghetto flavor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 06:50:38 PM
If you go to Salem, you'll be like "OOH cheesy exhibits on witches!"
I note that you ignored my comment about Peabody-Essex.  CONCLUSION:  You've not spent much time in Salem.

There is also the House of the Seven Gables.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 06:52:42 PMand Central Square is fun if you want a little psuedo-ghetto flavor.
Hey, I used to live there.  :mad:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 18, 2009, 05:23:27 PM
Everything about Houston is awesome except the climate, landscape, humidity, the swamp, the climate, humidity, hurricanes, wildlife, humidity, lack of any defining terrain features except bug-infested cypress swamp, humidity making fog every morning that leaves a thick layer of pollen all over everything when it burns off, bugs, sweating all the time for no reason, rain that physically hurts when it falls on you, 108% humidity when it's not raining, old people dying if they don't have air conditioning, and everything flooding out if more than an inch of rain falls (which is every day). I really do mean everything else is awesome too.

You forgot to mention the crappy highways.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 18, 2009, 06:53:54 PM
I note that you ignored my comment about Peabody-Essex.  CONCLUSION:  You've not spent much time in Salem.

There is also the House of the Seven Gables.  :cool:

I can't respond to all comments. It is alright, but hardly worth a trip over there to see it. :mellow:

Ed Anger

I suggest finding a Cinnabon shop:

http://www.cinnabon.com/experience/products/classic.html

That'll give you the American experience. Of Diabetes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 06:56:42 PMI used to work near there. :hug:
It was a pretty cool apartment, aside from Princesca's very square landlord who used to lecture her about how much time I spent over there.  Also, there was a whore house across the street! :w00t:

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 18, 2009, 06:58:58 PM
I've never had a Cinnabon.  Can you believe that?  I know, neither can I. :o

garbon

Of going to a mall, you mean.

The Larch

Heh, you could draft for me a whole checklist of diabetes/heart attack inducing locales for me to check the whole American experience during my trip.  :lol: So, Chick-Fil-A, bagels, what else?  ;)

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on August 18, 2009, 07:04:13 PM

Heh, you could draft for me a whole checklist of diabetes/heart attack inducing locales for me to check the whole American experience during my trip.  :lol: So, Chick-Fil-A, bagels, what else?  ;)

Chick-Fil-A is good. May not be up there in the northeast though.

In NYC, try Lombardi's. I can't remember the name of soul food place in Harlem with the Chicken and Waffles though.

Vince

Quote from: Caliga on August 18, 2009, 07:00:08 PM

Holding out for the Biscuits and Gravy flavored Cinnabon?   ;)

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on August 18, 2009, 07:04:13 PMHeh, you could draft for me a whole checklist of diabetes/heart attack inducing locales for me to check the whole American experience during my trip.  :lol: So, Chick-Fil-A, bagels, what else?  ;)
Chick-Fil-A is straight out, son.  The greatest fast food chain of all time only has outlets in the American South.  While I am blessed to be able to enjoy the wonders of Chick-Fil-A daily*, you won't be anywhere near their stronghold... though I hear they've started moving into the D.C. area, so maybe you can find one there.

* except Sunday.  Fucking Baptist nutjob Truett Cathy :ultra:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 18, 2009, 07:00:08 PM

<_<

Next you'll say you've never had an Orange Julius.