Yea
15 (31.3%)
Nay
28 (58.3%)
I don't drink wine as I've the sophistication of a neanderthal
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

garbon

I realize that some might look aghast at this question, but I had to ask. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Nay.  Of course, you neanderthal. :angry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Oh I should admit that I personally don't chill whine but I saw an article lately (gay mag) that suggested it was a fine idea.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

DisturbedPervert

dps

sbr

I don't drink wine as I've the sophistication of a neanderthal, but the rule of thumb I have heard and would go by is:

White wine: chilled, take out of the ice/refrig 15 minutes before serving.

Red wine: not chilled, but put on ice/in refrig 15 minutes before serving

I haven't heard a rule on the mongrel hybrids like Rose, or White Zinfindel.

MadBurgerMaker

Shit.  I went to click on submit, hit the bottom option, then before my pitiful excuse for a brain could register what was going on, I proceeded to successfully click submit.  Yeah.  Neanderthal.   

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Yeah, sometimes it tastes much better that way.

In this day and age of fusion cuisine and globalization, any preconceived notions about serving food in one and one way only are obscurantist, imo.

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2009, 01:09:37 AM
Yeah, sometimes it tastes much better that way.

In this day and age of fusion cuisine and globalization, any preconceived notions about serving food in one and one way only are obscurantist, imo.

Great word. :thumbsup:  :)

Richard Hakluyt

Red wine often benefits by being chilled a few degrees below room temperature, perhaps to 15C or so.

Capetan Mihali

Have to chill the Beaujolais.  -_-
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2009, 01:46:27 AM
Red wine often benefits by being chilled a few degrees below room temperature, perhaps to 15C or so.

That's room temperature in SF. :D

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points