Yea
15 (31.3%)
Nay
28 (58.3%)
I don't drink wine as I've the sophistication of a neanderthal
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Darth Wagtaros

I'm told at the Wine Society that its best served at cellar temp. around 65 degrees or so.  I generally don't bother unless its extremely hot and the wine's warmed up too much.  Red wine at 70 or so is fine. Wine at 80 degrees is just blekth. 
PDH!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2009, 03:26:05 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2009, 01:46:27 AM
Red wine often benefits by being chilled a few degrees below room temperature, perhaps to 15C or so.

That's room temperature in SF. :D

Or a draughty European castle or, for that matter, a wine cellar  :D

Jaron

I dont usually drink wine, but If I do I like it cold. I usually pour it in a glass with ice cubes.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

I'm a neanderthal, I drink Mango Juice.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2009, 01:30:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2009, 01:09:37 AM
Yeah, sometimes it tastes much better that way.

In this day and age of fusion cuisine and globalization, any preconceived notions about serving food in one and one way only are obscurantist, imo.

Great word. :thumbsup:  :)

I wonder how many people learned it from EU2.  I did.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2009, 06:34:31 AM

With goldfish shoals, nibbling at your toes?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on August 14, 2009, 06:41:30 AM

Now, that would be living.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I WANT SOME DAMN SANGRIA.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on August 14, 2009, 06:41:30 AM

Red dwarf's theme song is one of the best ever.

Cal, I'd love some Sangria.  I'd be tempted to make some if I had any one to drink it with tonight.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 06:59:10 AMCal, I'd love some Sangria.  I'd be tempted to make some if I had any one to drink it with tonight.
I've never actually made any myself, but I think I might do so this weekend.  I know it's pretty easy, and I've got plenty of red wine (~30 bottles) and hard liquor with which to spike it.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2009, 07:00:24 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 06:59:10 AMCal, I'd love some Sangria.  I'd be tempted to make some if I had any one to drink it with tonight.
I've never actually made any myself, but I think I might do so this weekend.  I know it's pretty easy, and I've got plenty of red wine (~30 bottles) and hard liquor with which to spike it.
I saw one recipe recently that would make a sangria that must be 150 proof.  A little too strong for me.  I like to use Spanish red wine and brandy.  Maybe some fizzing soder for sparkling effect.
PDH!

Caliga

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 07:02:17 AMI saw one recipe recently that would make a sangria that must be 150 proof.  A little too strong for me.

That's moving in to frat party jungle juice territory.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 14, 2009, 07:14:46 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 07:02:17 AMI saw one recipe recently that would make a sangria that must be 150 proof.  A little too strong for me.

That's moving in to frat party jungle juice territory.
Ya.  Sangria is for relaxing on a pleasant summer day. Not a substitute for a date rate drug for some stoner fuck.
PDH!

saskganesh

yes, if you are making sangria, it's a good idea to chill the red.
humans were created in their own image