Nay
28 (58.3%)
I don't drink wine as I've the sophistication of a neanderthal
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2009, 06:28:48 PM
Well... Spain = Hispania.  :)

That doesn't answer my question...so I went to wikipedia. -_- It suggests that in the U.S. we're kinda a crazy. Some of us use it for all Spanish speaking people and others limit it only to Spanish speaking populations in the New World.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2009, 06:09:07 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2009, 05:40:24 PM
Sorry, but that's what Kentuckians do.  I am cooking tapas and making sangria.  Therefore, I am Hispanic. :)

Do we usually include people from Spain when using the term Hispanic?
I believe that a person from Spain would be considered Hispanic, but not Latino.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fireblade

I don't drink red wine. That shit tastes awful. Wine is supposed to be sweet.  :mad:

Ice cold white muscadine wine on a hot summer day though.. :mmm:

The closest liquor store to my new place though has a SHITLOAD of wines. Seriously, like half the store is wine, and they stack that shit to the ceiling. And man, the people who shop there are rich as fuck. Earlier, when I was picking up my weekly bottle of whiskey, I briefly chatted with some Russian (I guess) woman slathered in makeup who I think had lip implants who was putting vodka into a shopping cart. Bitch had about $700 worth of booze in there, enough to keep my entire fraternity drunk for a week. And it wasn't the cheap shit either.. everything I saw was top-shelf, and most of that was vodka.

In retrospect, I should have pounced on that cougar. :(

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Fireblade on August 14, 2009, 11:13:15 PM
I don't drink red wine. That shit tastes awful. Wine is supposed to be sweet.  :mad:

Are you German and/or a girl or what ?  :lol:

Caliga

:blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lucidor

As said before, sometimes it needs cooling.

Mixing red with sparkling water isn't bad on a summer day either.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 05:44:55 AM
As said before, sometimes it needs cooling.

Mixing red with sparkling water isn't bad on a summer day either.
:x
Are you Spanish or what?

Drink sparkling white wine instead.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 15, 2009, 04:48:24 AM

I always thought most red wines tasted like grape juice. Just hand me a grape Nehi and save me the money.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lucidor

Duque de Bragança

Lucidor

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2009, 08:53:54 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 08:50:43 AM
I prefer beer.

Define beer.
Warm as hell: lager, preferably something with hops, but not too much body. North German pilsners are OK
Temperate summer: ale, preferably an American style Pale ale.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 08:57:31 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2009, 08:53:54 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 08:50:43 AM
I prefer beer.

Define beer.
Warm as hell: lager, preferably something with hops, but not too much body. North German pilsners are OK
Temperate summer: ale, preferably an American style Pale ale.

Better than the average american but since I live in Germany I can't say North German pils is great...

Weißbier über alles as far I'm concerned but Rothaus (SW Germany)  was better.

Stick to beer ;)

Lucidor

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2009, 09:03:20 AM
Better than the average american but since I live in Germany I can't say North German pils is great...

Weißbier über alles as far I'm concerned but Rothaus (SW Germany)  was better.

Stick to beer ;)
Weissbier is OK, but for some reason it makes me burp too much for comfort when sitting on the balcony reading. I prefer barley based beer, there. Since you tend to drink early in the day, there's no room for that DIPA or barley wine, naturally.

Fireblade

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2009, 04:46:42 AM

Are you German and/or a girl or what ?  :lol:

I have a German last name, yes.  :Embarrass:

But calling me a girl because I don't drink wine? You are aware that wine is a woman's drink, right? Real men drink whiskey.

Fireblade

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2009, 08:50:36 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 15, 2009, 04:48:24 AM

I always thought most red wines tasted like grape juice. Just hand me a grape Nehi and save me the money.  :blush:

Every red wine I've had tastes bitter. :x