And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 20, 2011, 10:10:01 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2011, 02:12:06 PM
Not much you can do.  I saw in the CNN comments section people complaining "why don't use tranquilizer darts?", and other various bitching.  I doubt they have a veterinary anesthesiologist on hand with experience on doping big animals, let alone the training and facilities to retrain such an animal if they did knock it out.  It's not like you put a bear in the back of a squad car.  If they sit around waiting for experts and experience to arrive one of those animals could eat a kid.  They have no choice but to kill many of them.  I also read that the guy who owned the place plead to animal cruelty a few years back, so the animals may be bad shape and have to be put down anyway.

Yeah,  I saw somewhere that apparently they would have had to kill a lot of them anyway, experts with tranq guns or not.  It seems that they can sometimes be completely unaffected by the tranquilizers, or if they are, they can become very aggressive after being hit by the dart but before they eventually "pass out."

I imagine there is also a chance a given tranquilizer won't affect an individual. It certainly happens with humans. I am pretty much impervious to regular doses of Fentanyl, for example.

Maximus

I find the wording in the news reports bizarre. It seems to me that "on the loose" is the default state for wild animals.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Maximus on October 20, 2011, 11:26:05 AM
I find the wording in the news reports bizarre. It seems to me that "on the loose" is the default state for wild animals.

The owner released them, then killed himself. That was when the animal uprising began, led by Herpes Monkey.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

I understand that. It's the wording I was commenting on. "Wild animals on the loose" seems on par with "sky turns blue" or "dog bites food".

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2011, 11:28:26 AM
The owner released them, then killed himself.

:thumbsup: That's style.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

I'm not going to repost the pictures of the dead animals piled up for burial. Looks like the Somme with tigers and wolves.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2011, 11:43:08 AM
I'm not going to repost the pictures of the dead animals piled up for burial. Looks like the Somme with tigers and wolves.

Every wild animal dies, but only few get to go on the loose in central Ohio.   :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Enjoy the video!

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-drunken-topless-highspeed-chase,0,5069791.story

QuoteBAINBRIDGE, Ohio—
Authorities in Bainbridge say that a drunken woman, who was wearing shear clothing, a g-string and wedge heels, led them on a high speed chase along Route 422 prior to her arrest.

According to Chief Jon Bokovitz of the Bainbridge Police Department, Erin B. Holdsworth, 28, of Hiram, was taken into custody on Tuesday, October 11 after she led authorities on a chase that reached 128 mph.

Bokovitz says that Geauga County Sheriff's deputies assisted Bainbridge officers by laying stop sticks across Route 422 in Auburn Township. Holdsworth struck the stop sticks and both tires on the left side of her vehicle were disabled. She pulled to the side of the road a short time later.

When officers approached her vehicle, according to Bokovitz, they discovered that she was nearly topless, covered by only a see-through tube top, and wearing g-sting panties and wedge heels.

Holdsworth's docket filed in Chardon Municipal court says she has been charged with one count each of OVI, refusing a blood alcohol content test, fleeing and alluding, criminal damaging, driving under a suspended license, speeding and reckless operation.

She was taken to the Geauga County Safety Center before being released on the pending charges, said Bokovitz.

Holdsworth's next appearance in Chardon Municipal Court is slated for November 2, according to court records

ugh.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

JESUS CHRIST ITS A LION, PUT IT IN THE CAR.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/lion-carcass-theft-charges-432891

QuoteNOVEMBER 8--A quintet of young Ohio men were playing poker last month when they learned that dozens of wild animals had been set free in a neighboring city.

So the group piled into Richard Weidlich's Jeep Cherokee at around 11 PM and drove the 25 miles from Cambridge to Zanesville, where cops had spent the prior five hours shooting lions, tigers, bears, and wolves that had been released by Terry Thompson from cages on his 73-acre property.

Razgovory

Who exactly did they steal the lion from?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

The cop who was going to mount the head in his rec room.

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2011, 06:09:05 PM
Who exactly did they steal the lion from?

Heh, good point - it was owned by the guy who released it, but by releasing it he presumably gave up ownership in it.

The ignorant knuckleheads have a possible case that the lion was owned by whoever bothered to collect it.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 09, 2011, 06:13:45 PM
The cop who was going to mount the head in his rec room.

Well, he got it back, so presumably he did.  Still a guy who pierces his lips and eyebrows like that deserves to go to jail.