And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2011, 12:02:28 PM
Enjoy the video!

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-drunken-topless-highspeed-chase,0,5069791.story

QuoteBAINBRIDGE, Ohio—
Authorities in Bainbridge say that a drunken woman, who was wearing shear clothing, a g-string and wedge heels, led them on a high speed chase along Route 422 prior to her arrest.

According to Chief Jon Bokovitz of the Bainbridge Police Department, Erin B. Holdsworth, 28, of Hiram, was taken into custody on Tuesday, October 11 after she led authorities on a chase that reached 128 mph.

Bokovitz says that Geauga County Sheriff's deputies assisted Bainbridge officers by laying stop sticks across Route 422 in Auburn Township. Holdsworth struck the stop sticks and both tires on the left side of her vehicle were disabled. She pulled to the side of the road a short time later.

When officers approached her vehicle, according to Bokovitz, they discovered that she was nearly topless, covered by only a see-through tube top, and wearing g-sting panties and wedge heels.

Holdsworth's docket filed in Chardon Municipal court says she has been charged with one count each of OVI, refusing a blood alcohol content test, fleeing and alluding, criminal damaging, driving under a suspended license, speeding and reckless operation.

She was taken to the Geauga County Safety Center before being released on the pending charges, said Bokovitz.

Holdsworth's next appearance in Chardon Municipal Court is slated for November 2, according to court records

ugh.

I like her.  She kinda looks like Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Spent the day in Columbus.  Man, what a great city.  Big, but not crowded.  Urban, but clean.   Midwest, but liberal.  White, and more white.  Even the TSO officers at the airport had a few little hotties.

And yes, I dropped lunch at Schmidt's Sausage Haus on the corporate card.  Even the guys from Chicago said that was some badass brats, and dey know brats.

frunk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2011, 07:43:02 PM
Spent the day in Columbus.  Man, what a great city.  Big, but not crowded.  Urban, but clean.   Midwest, but liberal.  White, and more white.  Even the TSO officers at the airport had a few little hotties.

And yes, I dropped lunch at Schmidt's Sausage Haus on the corporate card.  Even the guys from Chicago said that was some badass brats, and dey know brats.

Schmidt's is awesome.

Ed Anger

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111203/NEWS01/112040332/BarBe-Q-survives-drive-by-shooting?odyssey=obinsite

QuoteBarBe Q survives drive-by shooting
Three shots miss mannequin, but she gets shot down by Board of Elections
12:08 PM, Dec. 4, 2011  | 

READING - November was cruel to BarBe Q. First, she was shot at. Then, she was shut out.

She suffered indignities by bullets and at the ballot box.

Just before Election Day, the scantily clad, headline-making mannequin stood in her usual after-hours hangout, the front window of KT's Barbecue, 8501 Reading Road.

The Reading restaurant was closed for the night. BarBe was standing guard.

Three shots rang out. One went for her plastic head. Two were chest shots. The glass shattered. But, the bullets missed BarBe.

"That's because she was wearing her Supergirl outfit," said Kenny Tessel, the barbecue joint's owner.

BarBe's usual outfit consists of an under-sized halter top and Daisy Duke short shorts. That attention-getting get-up caught the eye of Reading authorities and put her in the national spotlight in 2009. The city ultimately decided she was a mannequin and not a sign showing too much plastic flesh.

Tessel, who plays a talkative Ken to the mannequin's speechless Barbie, termed the shooting "an assassination attempt." At the time, she was standing still while running for mayor of Reading. He was managing her write-in campaign.

She went down to defeat. BarBe received no votes.

With the elections over and the holiday season in gear, Tessel took time out from slicing smoked beef brisket to speak for his silent mannequin, who was dressed as a Pilgrim. Her bare midriff and short skirt would have been a hit at the first Thanksgiving.

QUESTION: Was BarBe's mayoral campaign a shameless publicity stunt?

ANSWER: She had a legitimate platform. She stood for supporting small businesses. Mom and pop stores made America great. I wish the people of this community supported me. Ninety-eight percent of my business comes from outside Reading. And I still get 85 new customers a week who stop by when they see BarBe standing out front in her Daisy Dukes. That's how crazy this world is. You have a good product. But, you still have to drum up business with a plastic doll.

Q: Were you shocked no one voted for BarBe?

A: I knew she was not going to get any votes. I did not pay the ($45) filing fee. I told the people at the (Hamilton County) Board of Elections that I would sign for her. I have her power of attorney. But they weren't buying that. I asked them: "How come a dog could run for the mayor of Rabbit Hash, Ky.?" They said: "That's Kentucky." By the way, I didn't vote for her either. But don't tell BarBe. I don't want her to know that I turned on her.

Q: If you know so much, why don't you run for public office?

A: I love to cook too much. My mom - Joy Tessell - and my grandma - Jean Tessell - instilled a love of food in me. I like coming in here in the morning, no sound, just me in the kitchen, just getting ready. I relish that every day. My mom and grandma also gave me a great deal of self-confidence and self-esteem. I don't need to run for office to get a sense of approval.

Q: How much did the shooting set you back?

A: Replacing the plate-glass window and the lost business came to $800. That's what happens when an idiot does something stupid. I hate to think what might have happened had I been working late - which I often do - and I came around the corner inside the restaurant just when that moron opened fire.

Q: Are you still shook up from the shooting?

A: I'm fine. But BarBe has yet to recover. Every so often, I think I see her shaking.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2011, 10:05:24 AM
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111203/NEWS01/112040332/BarBe-Q-survives-drive-by-shooting?odyssey=obinsite

QuoteBarBe Q survives drive-by shooting
(snip)

Sounds like an inside job.  That interview was just too well-done to be off the cuff.  The owner did it for the publicity.  And good for him, too.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Caliga

Like I would have shot a woman (even a fake one) in her chest.  Especially not if said chest was fake. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/justice/ohio-girl-cage/index.html

QuoteOhio father accused of taping up daughter, locking her in cage

(CNN) -- A Cincinnati man was in court Friday after authorities say he disciplined his daughter by twice tying her up with duct tape, then locking her in a dog cage.

In a Hamilton County court Friday, Judge Fanon Rucker set $50,000 bail for James Tapke after he was charged with endangering children. The defendant, along with his son, allegedly took photos of the entire incident that ended up online.

Tapke's lawyer said during the court session that his client didn't commit a crime, but rather took part in "a joke that got out of control."

"That's why his son, who is 13, posted the pictures on Facebook as a joke after this happened," attorney Christopher Jackson said. "Maybe not the best joke in the world, but I believe that's what is going to come out later at trial."

According to an affidavit, on the afternoon of January 10, James Tapke restrained his daughter's hands and feet "in a cruel manner by using duct tape," then put her in a dog cage "so she could not get out."

The affidavit doesn't detail why the girl was being disciplined.

"While (the girl) was in the cage, Mr. Tapke dropped small amounts of water on her face," the affidavit said.

The girl's brother let her out after about 20 minutes, after which "she poured water on (her father's) head and in his ear" in order to "get back at" him.

Tapke, 41, allegedly responded by binding his daughter up again with tape and putting her back in the cage. He then asked his son to get an electrical jump starter from the garage "so that he could electrify the cage."

"Mr. Tapke never attempted this, but he told her several times he should," the affidavit said.

Eventually, the father let the girl out of the cage and her grandmother helped her take off the duct tape. The court document added that Tapke's son eventually uploaded to Facebook pictures of what happened, images that were later taken down.

A criminal complaint was filed Thursday stating that Tapke "did create a substantial risk to the health and safety" of his child. He was taken into custody that same day.

He also makes guests take their shoes off.

Richard Hakluyt

"Judge Fanon Rucker"  :hmm:

That is one hell of a dangerous name for those of us who are prone to spoonerisms, probably hands out contempt of court charges like candy  :hmm:

Ed Anger

Most dangerous neighborhoods:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/photos/most-dangerous-neighborhoods/3657391/

Over the Rhine I believe. Awesome.

Quote1. Cincinnati, Ohio
Neighborhood: Central Pky./Liberty St.
Found Within ZIP Code(s): 45210, 45214
Predicted Annual Violent Crimes: 457
Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000): 266.94
My Chances of Becoming a Victim Here (in one year): 1 in 4

Caliga

Ed Anger

It is about time for another riot in Cincy. Pardon me, an "uprising".  :rolleyes:

Caliga

I will: defend the Hofbrauhaus with my life from der schvartzes.