News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Internet memes are the daisycutters of the culturally hip.

Sophie Scholl

I will be making my way to Cleveland, Ohio later this month.  Catching a Tribe game against the Twins, then the Browns - Dolphins game the next day.  Going to make a try for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as well.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

And from our retarded cousin, Hoosierville:

QuotePosted 9/6/11 7:16 a.m.

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. (WLS) - A not-so-stealthy "samurai" who told police he was "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" is in jail after allegedly abandoning a vehicle on the middle of a busy Indiana interstate to march shirtless with a 35-inch sword.

Indiana State Police Trooper Ricky Rayner found a white, older-model Toyota abandoned in the middle lane of Interstate 65 and a shirtless man marching on the inner shoulder with a 35-inch samurai sword about 2:30 p.m. just south of U.S. Highway 30, according to a release from Indiana State Police.

"The man was marching like a drum major, holding the sword, moving it up and down in rhythm with his marching cadence," State Police said.

When Rayner approached, the man -- identified as 43-year-old Cicero resident Bryon Womack -- swung the sword in a defensive manner but then dropped the sword in compliance with the trooper's order, the release said.

Womack -- dressed only in plaid shorts and slip on shoes -- then tried to force his way into a 2010 Chevrolet sport-utility vehicle that swerved and stopped on the inner shoulder to avoid a responding Merrillville police vehicle responding to the incident, State Police said.

A Merrillville police officer finally ordered Womack to the ground at gunpoint and handcuffed him, the release said. He was taken to the Lake County (Ind.) jail, where he told police he was "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."

Womack was charged with attempted car jacking, resisting law enforcement and possession of marijuana, State Police said.

The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2011, 02:15:50 PM
And from our retarded cousin, Hoosierville:

QuotePosted 9/6/11 7:16 a.m.

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. (WLS) - A not-so-stealthy "samurai" who told police he was "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" is in jail after allegedly abandoning a vehicle on the middle of a busy Indiana interstate to march shirtless with a 35-inch sword.

Indiana State Police Trooper Ricky Rayner found a white, older-model Toyota abandoned in the middle lane of Interstate 65 and a shirtless man marching on the inner shoulder with a 35-inch samurai sword about 2:30 p.m. just south of U.S. Highway 30, according to a release from Indiana State Police.

"The man was marching like a drum major, holding the sword, moving it up and down in rhythm with his marching cadence," State Police said.

When Rayner approached, the man -- identified as 43-year-old Cicero resident Bryon Womack -- swung the sword in a defensive manner but then dropped the sword in compliance with the trooper's order, the release said.

Womack -- dressed only in plaid shorts and slip on shoes -- then tried to force his way into a 2010 Chevrolet sport-utility vehicle that swerved and stopped on the inner shoulder to avoid a responding Merrillville police vehicle responding to the incident, State Police said.

A Merrillville police officer finally ordered Womack to the ground at gunpoint and handcuffed him, the release said. He was taken to the Lake County (Ind.) jail, where he told police he was "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."

Womack was charged with attempted car jacking, resisting law enforcement and possession of marijuana, State Police said.

The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
At least now we know Raz's real name.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've actually written my whole name here a few times.  Several people here also know it from Facebook.  Also, I don't own a sword.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 04:31:57 PM
I don't own a sword.
No, I shouldn't have thought that you would be allowed to keep it. :console:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2011, 06:26:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2011, 04:32:48 PM
I own two.
Same. :hug:
I would have argued none, but then remembered that I have a replica samauri sword in storage and a Navy ceremonial sword around here somewhere (though that is as blunt as a Seedy crime report).

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Cool, did you get that when you mustered out or something?

I've got a replica gladius and an Arisaka sword bayonet (mentioned in the guns thread earlier).

Razgovory

I do have a German WWI bayonet, but that's not really a sword.  More of a big knife.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 06:42:27 PM
I do have a German WWI bayonet, but that's not really a sword.  More of a big knife.
Oh, I forgot.. I have one of those too.   :blush: Fits an M98.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2011, 06:30:15 PM
Cool, did you get that when you mustered out or something?
No, it was part of the uniform. I had to get it when I made Commander, or maybe Lieutenant Commander; I forget which.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2011, 06:29:03 PM
(though that is as blunt as a Seedy crime report).

At the above date and time, this officer responded to the unit block of E Biddle St to respond to KGA dispatch of multiple anonymous calls for possible death/injury of unknown person.  Upon arrival this officer discovered an unidentified #1 male, age unk., due to massive GSW to head which twisted this nigga's cap back.

Based upon this officer's knowledge, training and experience it was determined that decedent was in fact deader than dogshit.  Meat wagon #25 requested.

I hereby attest that the above facts occured within Baltimore city limits, which is a fucking hellhole, save yourselves,

r/s
P/O CdM 3B10, tired of this fucking zoo

Ed Anger