News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Now here's a politician that Marti can support... :P

QuoteEx-mayor charged in 4-year-old's rape said girl was a willing participant, records say
By Kristine Guerra September 14 at 6:45 AM
Washington Post

A former Ohio mayor indicted on rape charges reportedly confessed that he had sex with a child — a young girl, who, the man claimed, was a willing participant.

Court records filed Monday describe conversations in which Richard Keenan — who briefly served as the mayor of Hubbard — talked to several people, including his wife and a pastor, about alleged assaults that occurred over the course of two years, beginning in 2013, when the girl was 4.

The 65-year-old Keenan, who once described himself as a man of faith, was indicted last month on eight counts of gross sexual imposition, eight counts of rape and four counts of attempted rape.

ccording to court documents filed by Trumbull County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Gabriel Wildman, Keenan's wife confronted him after the girl talked about the alleged abuse.

"I did it," Keenan told his wife, according to court records.

Keenan was later admitted to Trumbull Memorial Hospital's psychiatric ward in Warren, Ohio. He said during group discussions there that he had been sexually abusing a child for two years, according to court records.

He was released from the hospital and admitted to the River Bend Treatment Center, where he told an intake social worker that he was feeling suicidal because of his actions and that the girl willingly participated in the sex acts, according to court records.

Keenan talked in more detail with a local pastor about the alleged abuse, saying it began when the child walked in on him in the bathroom, according to court records. It's unclear how he and the child knew each other.

In a phone conversation with his brother- and sister-in-law, Keenan said he had gone way over the line, court records say.

According to the court records, the alleged crimes began in September 2013, nearly two years after Keenan left the mayor's office in Hubbard, a small town in northeastern Ohio. The sexual assaults ended in September 2015, according to prosecutors.

Keenan was indicted and arrested Aug. 18. He was released on bond the same day, online jail records show.

His attorney, J. Gerald Ingram, did not return a call seeking comment.

Wildman, the assistant prosecuting attorney, declined to comment on the case.

Keenan, a Democrat, was sworn in as mayor in January 2010 and served until 2011. He previously served as a council member and a probation officer, according to the Vindicator newspaper. He also worked as a car inspector for the CSX railroad company in New Castle, Pa.

"I care about his town," Keenan said in a 2010 interview with the Vindicator. "I'm pulled to hear the heart of the people."

At the time, Keenan said he had dedicated his life to Christ — a decision that he said changed his life.

"Don't preach it, but live it," he told the paper.

Keenan pleaded not guilty last month. He's scheduled for a jury trial in April.

His wife could be called as a witness at the trial. According to the Ohio Rules of Evidence, a defendant's spouse can be a competent witness if the alleged crime was committed against him or her or their child, or if he or she elects to testify.

If found guilty of rape, Keenan could face life imprisonment.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yes, I can only imagine how this is going to go over for you at the next brunch down at the Fox & Hound Club.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2016, 08:45:32 AM
Yes, I can only imagine how this is going to go over for you at the next brunch down at the Fox & Hound Club.

Where do you think he conducts his "animal training"?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Somebody just had their frosted strudel yanked off the brunch menu.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ed Anger

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

My kid's school district apparently felt prompted to send the following letter via email:

September 30, 2016

Dear Parents/Guardians,

Most of you have likely heard about the "Clown Clann" (or other similar name) in the news, a group that is using Twitter to post pictures of menacing looking clowns, saying they will be coming to areas to do harm and asking for suggestions on which areas to visit.

I assure you, the safety of our students is our highest priority and Forest Hills School District is monitoring this activity with local law enforcement and neighboring districts.

At this time, Forest Hills has received no direct threats and at no time has any Forest Hills student or school been in danger.  We have continued to conduct business as usual and continue to ensure buildings are secure.  Our recess periods, dismissals, playgrounds and parking lots are carefully supervised.  School counselors, teachers and office staff are available at each school to provide students with additional reassurance of safety.

We also take student participation in threatening activity seriously and will investigate all student participation that is brought to our attention. Our schools are also reminding students of the unintended consequences of social media behaviors.

If you receive information on this, or any other Forest Hills safety issue, or have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

John Eckert

Special Programs Coordinator, Climate/Culture
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Clown Clann? Is that like the Klu Klux Klown?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Running around in masks, accosting people.  No, that's not a problem or anything.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on September 30, 2016, 03:17:48 PM
Clown Clann? Is that like the Klu Klux Klown?

If they're juggalos, i think that's close.

CountDeMoney

It's all fun and games until somebody gets shot dead like a motherfucker.

Ed Anger

QuoteFAIRBORN, Ohio (WRGT) -- Police arrested a 15-year-old boy after detectives said he made threats against students using a clown persona on social media.

The boy, who was not identified, was arrested at Fairborn High School and is facing a charge of Making Terroristic Threats. Detectives say the threats were made on the social media platform Instagram, which indicated he would harm students when they left school Friday, Sept. 30.

The boy was arrested and is now in the Greene County Juvenile Detention Center.

My hometown.  :yucky: