Royal Jewels of Saxony Stolen in Brazen Heist!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 26, 2019, 05:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Hamilcar

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

What the hell? How are they going to get any money for something like that? Rip them apart and sell the jewels individually?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2019, 12:35:28 PM
What the hell? How are they going to get any money for something like that? Rip them apart and sell the jewels individually?

That's what I'm afraid of.  The break in was planned and deliberate, but not highly sophisticated.  The only easy way to fence them would be to tear them apart - which would honestly be a crime against humanity.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

The alternative is some rich person paid for the job so they could just have them for some reason. But yeah that they would hire only top pros for something like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2019, 07:58:07 AM
I'm glad I got to see them.

You really shouldn't confess on-line to receiving stolen goods.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2019, 12:36:59 PM
The only easy way to fence them would be to tear them apart - which would honestly be a crime against humanity.

Meh. The pieces scream nouveau king.
Que le grand cric me croque !