News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Speaking of Ed, a nasty tornado ripped through the Dayton area last night.  Hope his family's okay.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 24, 2019, 10:39:13 AM
Dude, please don't do this again.  Reactivating one of Ed's threads creates false hopes.

That is exactly what happened to me   :(

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2019, 02:28:44 PM
Speaking of Ed, a nasty tornado ripped through the Dayton area last night.  Hope his family's okay.

Whenever I think of moving out of Massachusetts I shudder at the thought of living in a tornado zone which covers so much of the US. That has to be the most scary thing, even more so than a hurricane especially as they can occur so suddenly. We get some in Mass but very few and rarely big ones. Though a couple times last summer news stations stayed with weather forecasts as they tracked possible tornado conditions through New England areas. I don't think we see that very often.

derspiess

The terrain in my part of town tends to discourage funnel clouds.  But north, east, and south of Cincy-- watch out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

*shrug* No biggie.  I live in an area prone to tornadoes and you can't worry too much about it.  I have a basement and insurance. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Don't know if it's right to lift this thread from the depths of the forum, but given that it deals with Ohio silliness I saw it fitting.

QuoteNew Proposed Anti-Abortion Bill In Ohio Asks Doctors To Do Something That Is Not Medically Possible

After passing the so-called heartbeat law in April, Ohio is now proposing another bill in its latest attempt to curtail abortion rights and bodily autonomy in the American state. On top of that, the bill tasks doctors to do something that is not medically feasible.

Ohio's HB413 would completely outlaw abortion in the state. It would define a fertilized egg as a person, and doctors performing this medical procedure could be found guilty of abortion murder. This would be a first-degree offense carrying a penalty of imprisonment for life. The part of the bill that goes into the realm of science fiction is in Sec. 2904.35 part C.

"Takes all possible steps to preserve the life of the unborn child, while preserving the life of the woman. Such steps include, if applicable, attempting to re-implant an ectopic pregnancy into the woman's uterus," reads the bill.

An ectopic pregnancy happens when an egg is fertilized outside the womb, usually in the fallopian tube – the connection between the ovaries and the uterus. The embryo begins developing in the tube and can rupture it, leading to internal bleeding. Ectopic pregnancies are the most common cause of death during the first trimester.

When such a pregnancy is discovered, the only solution is to operate and remove the embryo before the life of the expectant parent is beyond saving. Once the embryo is removed, it cannot be implanted back. There is no technological or medical know-how that would allow even the most skilled doctor to perform such a medical feat.

dps

That's not entirely accurate.  There have been cases of ectopic pregnancies carried to term, though it's very rare.

At any rate, the proposed Ohio law clearly violated Roe v Wade.

grumbler

Please don't resurrect Ed Anger threads, for any reason other than Ed Anger news.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Just one man's opinion, but continuing to post crazy Ohio stories in this thread to me comes across more as a tribute.

I get it the first time or two I thought "Is Ed back"?  But given the passage of time, and the bad news of his health when last we heard from him, I no longer expect him to return.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

This is an appropriate thread for Ohio stuff IMHO.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2019, 05:32:03 PM
Just one man's opinion, but continuing to post crazy Ohio stories in this thread to me comes across more as a tribute.

I get it the first time or two I thought "Is Ed back"?  But given the passage of time, and the bad news of his health when last we heard from him, I no longer expect him to return.

Same here.

Zoupa