News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Sounds like it was one hell of a party, though.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2016, 01:07:42 AM
Speaking of heroin, wow.

Huntington W. Virginia, population 49,138 had 28 overdoses in 4 hours! :o

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0c460888bdf248299915c961d872aa00/4-hours-huntington-how-heroin-epidemic-choked-city

My hometown :mellow:  If it's not obesity killing people it's H.

Was a lot nicer place to live in the 70s & 80s.  Very low crime at the time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2016, 10:05:03 PM

So what you're saying is you can tell who the junkies are.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2016, 10:10:19 PM

So what you're saying is you can tell who the junkies are.

And how.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2016, 01:07:42 AM
Speaking of heroin, wow.

Huntington W. Virginia, population 49,138 had 28 overdoses in 4 hours! :o

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0c460888bdf248299915c961d872aa00/4-hours-huntington-how-heroin-epidemic-choked-city

Was a lot nicer place to live in the 70s & 80s.  Very low crime at the time.

Read the article.  It's not H (as bad as that is).  It's that fucking fentanyl.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2016, 09:24:00 AM
I wish I was invested in the company making Narcan.  :(

Sadly, it does not appear to be publicly owned at this time.
http://adaptpharma.com/about-adapt/

Oh, look at that.  Dublin, Ireland.  Double Irish much? :P
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 07, 2016, 10:41:53 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2016, 09:24:00 AM
I wish I was invested in the company making Narcan.  :(

Sadly, it does not appear to be publicly owned at this time.
http://adaptpharma.com/about-adapt/

Oh, look at that.  Dublin, Ireland.  Double Irish much? :P

Well you realise that's only the most recent company to bring its own version the the market, yeah (with its nasal version)? Pfizer is also a company that makes it too, as well as others.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

QuoteOhio city shares shocking photos of adults who overdosed with a small child in the car

On Wednesday afternoon, a police officer in East Liverpool, Ohio, stopped a vehicle for driving erratically and made a shocking discovery: The driver was barely conscious. A woman was slumped across the passenger seat next to him, turning blue.

In the back of the vehicle, a 4-year-old boy sat restrained in a car seat, according to a police report.

The officer called an ambulance, and when the EMTs arrived, they administered the lifesaving drug Narcan, used to reverse opioid overdoses. After 47-year-old James Lee Acord and 50-year-old Rhonda L. Pasek were revived, police arrested them and contacted Columbiana County Children's Services.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/09/ohio-city-shares-shocking-photos-of-adults-who-overdosed-with-a-small-child-in-their-car/?tid=pm_pop_b

HVC

Parenting is hard, they just needed a nap.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

I like that the guy has his seat belt fastened. Safety first. :thumbsup:

Martinus

Isn't 46 a bit old to have a kid, by the way?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Junkies are funnier when they do their nod-offs standing up. They will not drop, period.  Puts Cirque du Soleil to shame.  Fucking hilarious.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 09:00:32 AM
Junkies are funnier when they do their nod-offs standing up. They will not drop, period.  Puts Cirque du Soleil to shame.  Fucking hilarious.

Many years ago during my first student job here I would occasionally work Sunday mornings. One time I was grabbing breakfast at McD, when I noticed a lady standing there. She had fallen asleep, tablet with breakfast and coffee in hand, between two steps. She stood there for several minutes before coming to and fortunately, instead of shrieking and dropping her breakfast, just picked a place to sit and went back to sleep. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.