40th Anniversary of the start of the Moon Landing Hoax

Started by grumbler, July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I found, in looking up some info on the moon landings to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the event, some interesting stats on people who believe the landing was faked:

25% of Britons don't believe men walked on the mon, according to http://kn.theiet.org/news/jul09/moon-landing-survey.cfm

40% of Swedes think it was a scam, according to Aftonbladet http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/vss/special/storfragan/visa/0,1937,41250,00.html (seems to be a self-identified survey rather than random, so probably crap)

Only 51% of Russians believe that the US landed men on the moon (http://bd.fom.ru/report/cat/sci_sci/kosmos/of001605)

In the US, the figure was about 10% ten years ago, IIRC.

Kinda curious how this is viewed in "your" country, and even more curious if there is anyone on Languish besides Siege who thinks the landing(s) were faked.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Anti-Americanism and believing that the moon landings are a hoax track fairly closely, I would imagine.

It must be rather galling to admit that the greatest thing that our species will ever do has been done by Americans.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Don't want to come off as Timish and I know it's been posted a thousand times before but here is the great footage of Aldrin punching out a guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUqaVj51w4

I never get tired of that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

I hadn't seen that!

"you're a coward, a liar, and a ...  :face: ... thief!"
humans were created in their own image

DisturbedPervert

I knew a guy in college who believed it was a hoax.  He was also in to a bunch of other conspiracy theories,  aliens, big foots, Jews, black helicopters, super advanced lost civilizations, etc.  I'd bet he's a 911 truther these days or possible one of those guys who believes that Lizard People secretly rule the world.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Savonarola

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 20, 2009, 04:51:04 PM
The moon itself didn't exist before 1921.

Thus proving that if the moon did not exist then it would be necessary to invent it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Umm, I think historical record verifies that the moon did in fact exist before 1921 (see: Salomé of 1891, Wilde). :yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on July 20, 2009, 03:44:09 PM
Don't want to come off as Timish and I know it's been posted a thousand times before but here is the great footage of Aldrin punching out a guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUqaVj51w4

I never get tired of that.
:lmfao:

Neil

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 20, 2009, 04:49:26 PM
I knew a guy in college who believed it was a hoax.  He was also in to a bunch of other conspiracy theories,  aliens, big foots, Jews, black helicopters, super advanced lost civilizations, etc.  I'd bet he's a 911 truther these days or possible one of those guys who believes that Lizard People secretly rule the world.
I was at my sister-in-law's wedding last weekend.  One of my wife's cousins came up to me at dinner and started talking non-stop about how a secret conspiracy of billionaires was behind 9/11.  Later that night, I busted out the old Churchill quote about how a fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

I see They got to you too. :(
Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2009, 05:01:27 PM

Umm, I think historical record verifies that the moon did in fact exist before 1921 (see: Salomé of 1891, Wilde). :yeahright:
PDH!

HisMajestyBOB

I don't believe in moon hoaxers. They're all actors paid by the government.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

Its a well known fact that while most conspiracy theories are true the Illuminati hire actors to portray crazy conspiracy theorists to make it difficult to believe in them.
PDH!