40th Anniversary of the start of the Moon Landing Hoax

Started by grumbler, July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM
Kinda curious how this is viewed in "your" country, and even more curious if there is anyone on Languish besides Siege who thinks the landing(s) were faked.

Maybe you should start a poll.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Neil on July 20, 2009, 03:00:42 PM
Anti-Americanism and believing that the moon landings are a hoax track fairly closely, I would imagine.

That's why I never talk about it outside Languish. The enemy does not need more ammo to use against us.

The liberals would never understand that it was the right thing to do at the moment. The USSR was a real and present danger.

derspiess

I'm asking my buddy's Brit/Indian/Muslim in-laws about this the next time they're in.  Dang, I can't wait :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 20, 2009, 04:51:04 PM
The moon itself didn't exist before 1921.

Maybe somebody opened up the galaxy editor and add it up.

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2009, 10:36:56 PM
Polls on Languish are for amusement, not information.  I highly suspect that I am not the only one who responds to them based on my hopes for the effect of the response.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2009, 06:14:49 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM
Only 51% of Russians believe that the US landed men on the moon (http://bd.fom.ru/report/cat/sci_sci/kosmos/of001605)

Quite frankly, I thought that number would be much, much lower for our cossack friends.

On the contrary. If the landings were faked, then the KBG was owned, badly, by the CIA.

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 10:42:26 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2009, 10:36:56 PM
Polls on Languish are for amusement, not information.  I highly suspect that I am not the only one who responds to them based on my hopes for the effect of the response.

That's low and against all our Languish Values.

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2009, 10:43:43 PM
On the contrary. If the landings were faked, then the KBG was owned, badly, by the CIA.
It wouldn't have had anything to do with the CIA and KGB.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 10:48:17 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2009, 10:43:43 PM
It wouldn't have had anything to do with the CIA and KGB.

Of course it did. It was the Cold War, remember? Teh End Of The Wold, Nukelear Winter, I-see-BMs, etc?

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2009, 10:50:36 PM
Of course it did. It was the Cold War, remember? Teh End Of The Wold, Nukelear Winter, I-see-BMs, etc?
Yes, I do remember, and not everything was like in the Clancy novels.  KGB and CIA were not involved in the moon landings.  There were separate space agencies that did that sort of thing.

Bayraktar!

Siege

More footage: 
Earth at a distance   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vrge-8F6rw&feature=related

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Siege

Alatriste

Antiamericanism? Naaaahhh... I would rather expect to find a correlation between believing in the 'Moon Hoax', not believing in Evolution, and believing in angels and demons, the Rapture and such crap. In other words, it's impossible to go to the Moon because the rocket would crash against Heaven and Saint Peter would get royally pissed!

I would like to say that in Spain no one believes in the hoax, but that would be going too far. After all my friends usually have some formal education, and it's not as if I routinely discussed the Apollo program and the development of Saturn V rockets with taxi drivers, plumbers, farmers and church goers...

saskganesh

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 20, 2009, 07:07:27 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 20, 2009, 07:02:29 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 20, 2009, 06:29:12 PM
Since you can see the the Moon Landers with a decent telescope from earth I can't really understand how this hoax persists.
I thought it was very difficult but you can see the shadows sometimes at the right time of day?  ... orbiters and other solar system voyagers can do flybys and take shots though.
Sigh.  If you believe that those 'voyagers' actually did anything beyond look pretty in mockups you are probably also the same kind of sad sack that believes AIDS wasn't developed by the CIA.

the CIA is not that good.

AIDS came by eating monkey meat. semi-cannibalism. and it spread through bad sex.
we can blame the full moon or bad cheese.
humans were created in their own image