40th Anniversary of the start of the Moon Landing Hoax

Started by grumbler, July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Norgy

Quote from: Neil on July 20, 2009, 07:15:49 PM

Conspiracy theorists are on a level of idiocy with creationists.

For once Neil and me are in 100% agreement.

There's lots of stuff I don't GET per se, but why some people persist in saying man never landed on the moon really is beyond my level of comprehension.

That's like saying Holocaust never happened, IMO.

Siege

Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2009, 01:35:04 AM

There's lots of stuff I don't GET per se, but why some people persist in saying man never landed on the moon really is beyond my level of comprehension.

Weak rethoric.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jos Theelen

KRonn

A hoax, of course. Michael Jackson learned the moon walk, probably he can be seen as a kid in the background of the set used to film the moon landings.   :P

But really, a hoax? Believed by so many? How many thousands of people would be needed to keep quiet to pull of such a hoax? Hundreds or more of NASA scientists, workers, government officials, the astronauts, workers and technicians who set up the hoax, and more. Just not doable, nor worth the possible failure to fake it. Probably be easier to just go to the moon. And anyway, it's not like it's so hard, so beyond technology, to land on the moon!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: KRonn on July 21, 2009, 08:04:49 AM
A hoax, of course. Michael Jackson learned the moon walk, probably he can be seen as a kid in the background of the set used to film the moon landings.   :P

But really, a hoax? Believed by so many? How many thousands of people would be needed to keep quiet to pull of such a hoax? Hundreds or more of NASA scientists, workers, government officials, the astronauts, workers and technicians who set up the hoax, and more. Just not doable, nor worth the possible failure to fake it. Probably be easier to just go to the moon. And anyway, it's not like it's so hard, so beyond technology, to land on the moon!

Per an NPR story yesterday, almost 400,000 people worked at some point on some aspect of the Apollo program.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2009, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 20, 2009, 04:51:04 PM
The moon itself didn't exist before 1921.

Maybe somebody opened up the galaxy editor and add it up.

That would be my first guess. 
PDH!

Valmy

QuoteNASA space Scientists confirmed that, their research revealed that the moon was splittered into two.

In what sense is the moon splittered into two?  :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2009, 08:23:32 AM
QuoteNASA space Scientists confirmed that, their research revealed that the moon was splittered into two.

In what sense is the moon splittered into two?  :huh:

He (PBUH) is talking about the human moon, moron.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

Quote from: vonmoltke on July 21, 2009, 08:12:46 AM

Per an NPR story yesterday, almost 400,000 people worked at some point on some aspect of the Apollo program.

not to mention the people every other space program (Russia, Japan and so on ) who have independently verified the missions.

2008 Japanese lunar probe (a big picture):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Apollo_15_with_lunar_rover.jpg
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

I don't know which is worse, Truthers, Birthers or Mooners.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: saskganesh on July 21, 2009, 09:45:05 AM

not to mention the people every other space program (Russia, Japan and so on ) who have independently verified the missions.

Yep. So how come so very many people are so amazingly dumb over this? I could understand a small percentage of people, the clinically cynical or such, but not such large numbers. Maybe the dumbing down of society is more widespread than it's feared to be.   :unsure:

dps

Quote from: KRonn on July 21, 2009, 11:06:20 AM
A hoax, of course. Michael Jackson learned the moon walk, probably he can be seen as a kid in the background of the set used to film the moon landings.   :P

Yep. So how come so very many people are so amazingly dumb over this? I could understand a small percentage of people, the clinically cynical or such, but not such large numbers. Maybe the dumbing down of society is more widespread than it's feared to be.   :unsure:

Not sure that you can truly say that society's been dumbed down.  A lot of it never smarted up in the first place.

Norgy

Quote from: Siege on July 21, 2009, 01:37:55 AM
Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2009, 01:35:04 AM

Weak rethoric.

Yeah, you should be arguing rethorics with, you know, humans.
Because arguing really is your big fat strength, Jewboy Slim

grumbler

This picture is a picture of the Apollo 15 rover, not the "2008 Japanese lunar probe" (and if this was meant to be Selene, that was 2007, not 2008.  I don't think the Japanese had a 2008 mission).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!