40th Anniversary of the start of the Moon Landing Hoax

Started by grumbler, July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 20, 2009, 03:44:09 PM
Don't want to come off as Timish and I know it's been posted a thousand times before but here is the great footage of Aldrin punching out a guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUqaVj51w4

I never get tired of that.

Never fuck with the Apollo program.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM
Only 51% of Russians believe that the US landed men on the moon (http://bd.fom.ru/report/cat/sci_sci/kosmos/of001605)

Quite frankly, I thought that number would be much, much lower for our cossack friends.

Grey Fox

I prefer the Alien told Nixon to stay home or be destroyed conspiracy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

I'm surprised there are enough literate Russians to have taken any poll.
PDH!

Viking

Since you can see the the Moon Landers with a decent telescope from earth I can't really understand how this hoax persists.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

saskganesh

Quote from: Viking on July 20, 2009, 06:29:12 PM
Since you can see the the Moon Landers with a decent telescope from earth I can't really understand how this hoax persists.
I thought it was very difficult but you can see the shadows sometimes at the right time of day?  ... orbiters and other solar system voyagers can do flybys and take shots though.
humans were created in their own image

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 20, 2009, 06:19:15 PM
What is best about that theory is that Nixon somehow negotiated to get 6 more missions!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 07:02:35 PM
What is best about that theory is that Nixon somehow negotiated to get 6 more missions!  :lol:
Nixon's foreign policy is not to be underestimated.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Really?  You have seen it?

Most of the self-proclaimed scientists I have seen writing on the subject say that atmospheric distortion does not allow earth-based telescopes, no matter how large, to see objects that small.

Maybe those scientists are misinformed, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: saskganesh on July 20, 2009, 07:02:29 PM
I thought it was very difficult but you can see the shadows sometimes at the right time of day?  ... orbiters and other solar system voyagers can do flybys and take shots though.
I think the space-based telescopes are a bit too busy to debunk conspiracy theorists.  Even if they weren't, the nuts would cl;aim that such pictures were part of the conspiracy, too (just as the Soviets are).

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Sigh.  If you believe that those 'voyagers' actually did anything beyond look pretty in mockups you are probably also the same kind of sad sack that believes AIDS wasn't developed by the CIA.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 07:06:48 PM
I think the space-based telescopes are a bit too busy to debunk conspiracy theorists.  Even if they weren't, the nuts would cl;aim that such pictures were part of the conspiracy, too (just as the Soviets are).
True.  I don't think Hamilcar is going to give up telescope time so that a bunch of imbeciles can claim that he's part of a grand conspiracy.

Conspiracy theorists are on a level of idiocy with creationists.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Really it's nothing to brag about.  His claims of withdrawing from Space with honor were pretty hollow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

hsilbud

Quote from: Neil on July 20, 2009, 03:00:42 PM
Anti-Americanism and believing that the moon landings are a hoax track fairly closely, I would imagine.

It must be rather galling to admit that the greatest thing that our species will ever do has been done by Americans.

I wonder what they think about the airplane or the lightbulb.

HisMajestyBOB

You can't with any home telescope, for sure. Not only do you not get enough magnification, but the moon is pretty damn bright.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help