40th Anniversary of the start of the Moon Landing Hoax

Started by grumbler, July 20, 2009, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

Quote from: grumbler on July 21, 2009, 03:37:09 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 21, 2009, 09:45:05 AM
not to mention the people every other space program (Russia, Japan and so on ) who have independently verified the missions.

2008 Japanese lunar probe (a big picture):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Apollo_15_with_lunar_rover.jpg
This picture is a picture of the Apollo 15 rover, not the "2008 Japanese lunar probe" (and if this was meant to be Selene, that was 2007, not 2008.  I don't think the Japanese had a 2008 mission).

yes. thats a picture of Apollo 15 as the image file name clearly suggests. it is a picture taken by the japanese lunar probe Selene, which was launched in 2007, orbited the moon through 2008, and was crashed on the surface in 2009.

I posted that picture as an example of independent verification.
humans were created in their own image

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on July 21, 2009, 04:00:37 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 21, 2009, 03:37:09 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 21, 2009, 09:45:05 AM
not to mention the people every other space program (Russia, Japan and so on ) who have independently verified the missions.

2008 Japanese lunar probe (a big picture):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Apollo_15_with_lunar_rover.jpg
This picture is a picture of the Apollo 15 rover, not the "2008 Japanese lunar probe" (and if this was meant to be Selene, that was 2007, not 2008.  I don't think the Japanese had a 2008 mission).

yes. thats a picture of Apollo 15 as the image file name clearly suggests. it is a picture taken by the japanese lunar probe Selene, which was launched in 2007, orbited the moon through 2008, and was crashed on the surface in 2009.

I'm a bit confused. The pic appears to have a guy in a spacesuit in it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PRC

grumbler

Quote from: saskganesh on July 21, 2009, 04:00:37 PM

I am pretty sure that is a contemporary picture.  And a composite, at that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Here is an actual Selene picture of the Apollo 15 site, showing the white dust thrown up by the lander when it came down.  Even NASA doesn't show the picture you claim is from Selene in their "finding Apollo" site.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on July 21, 2009, 11:06:20 AM
Yep. So how come so very many people are so amazingly dumb over this? I could understand a small percentage of people, the clinically cynical or such, but not such large numbers. Maybe the dumbing down of society is more widespread than it's feared to be.   :unsure:
Maybe not why but when.  I suspect if you asked how many people think Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK you'd get a pretty low number, it's probably the same for Bobby and Martin Luther King.  Maybe conspiracies are like religion and the old ones are the best.  I think a lot of it could be down to TV programmes that tell the TRUTH about moon/JFK and while they debunk everything they spend about 2 minutes debunking and 15 minutes setting up each individual reason why it didn't happen the way people think.

What I find odd is that people who are truthers tend to be very X-files in their general view of the world.  Everything is a conspiracy.  Whereas otherwise normal people can doubt the moon-landings or JFK's assasination while not actually thinking that there is necessarily a giant conspiracy behind it all.  I think they've got more to do with Jacko conspiracy theorists than the truthers.
Let's bomb Russia!

Siege

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 21, 2009, 06:02:53 PM
What I find odd is that people who are truthers tend to be very X-files in their general view of the world.  Everything is a conspiracy.  Whereas otherwise normal people can doubt the moon-landings or JFK's assasination while not actually thinking that there is necessarily a giant conspiracy behind it all.  I think they've got more to do with Jacko conspiracy theorists than the truthers.

You are wrong. The few people I know in real life that don't believe in the landings don't believe any other conspiracy.

I myself am a good example of this. I am a perfectly rational and normal person. I definitively don't believe in conspiracies wholesale, and I am convinced that the moon landings were a very succesful CIA operation.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Siege on July 23, 2009, 11:50:17 AM
You are wrong. The few people I know in real life that don't believe in the landings don't believe any other conspiracy.
That's what I said :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 21, 2009, 06:02:53 PM

I myself am a good example of this. I am a perfectly rational and normal person. I definitively don't believe in conspiracies wholesale, and I am convinced that the moon landings were a very succesful CIA operation.

I believe it was an NSA op using the CIA as cover.
PDH!

Siege

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2009, 11:52:03 AM
That's what I said :mellow:

No is not.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

You're not normal or rational.  You're an Arab.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.