Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on December 02, 2021, 12:15:47 PM
Yes, it is clear I can definitely state exactly where I got a virus, and I am sure your selective quote is the ONLY thing I've ever posted on where I contracted the virus.

You are the reason people don't want to share personal shit on Languish. You have no integrity, honesty, or basic human empathy. You are the very definition of a giant douchebag.

I didn't selectively quote: I quoted what was relevant. Here is your entire post. When I did a search I didn't turn up anything else you posted within a couple months of getting covid. you just posted, "And as I said at the time, I don't have any idea if I contracted it at that game anyway, which you perfectly well know." - I remember you saying otherwise, I've quoted you saying otherwise, and if you ever said back then what you claim now I don't know about it.

Quote from: Berkut, no editing 100% of his postI feel lucky that being a sports official meant I got the vaccine, and then unlucky that being a sports official then meant I got Covid from some dumb kids who refused to wear a mask properly during the game (don't get me started on that).

But I guess I ought to be damn near covid bulletproof now. First shot, then covid, then second shot!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

There's huge support for the return of the mask mandate but I think this is my favourite - love that 55% of people still just want nightclubs cllosed. Also I feel like the combination of only 23% thinking we should close pubs and restaurants, but 69% want social distancing in them suggests to me that British people just have personal space issues and don't like being crowded :lol:

Edit: It has strong "I want a legal right to a seat in the pub" energy, which I feel.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Yes, it is clear I can definitely state exactly where I got a virus, and I am sure your selective quote is the ONLY thing I've ever posted on where I contracted the virus.

You are the reason people don't want to share personal shit on Languish. You have no integrity, honesty, or basic human empathy. You are the very definition of a giant douchebag.

This isn't helpful and may well be untrue.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

QuoteCovid: Germany puts major restrictions on unvaccinated

Germany's national and regional leaders have agreed to bar unvaccinated people from much of public life in a bid to fend off a fourth wave of Covid-19.

Outgoing Chancellor Angela Merkel described the far-reaching measures as an act of "national solidarity".

Only those who have been vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid will be allowed in restaurants, cinemas, leisure facilities and many shops.

Vaccinations could be made mandatory by February, the chancellor added.

Germany's fourth wave of Covid is its most severe so far, with another 388 deaths recorded in the past 24 hours.

There is also growing concern about the spread of the Omicron variant, which EU health officials warn is likely to cause over half of all Covid cases in the next few months.

Mrs Merkel said hospitals were stretched to the point of patients having to be moved to different areas for treatment. "The fourth wave must be broken and this has not yet been achieved."

"Given the situation, I think it is appropriate to adopt compulsory vaccination," she said, while making clear that this would have to be approved by parliament.

Her successor Olaf Scholz, who is expected to take over as chancellor next Wednesday, had already said he backed the move, which would come a few weeks later than a similar Austrian law. Berlin Mayor Michael Müller said the vast majority of Covid cases were down to unvaccinated people.

The new measures are not described as a lockdown on the unvaccinated, although outgoing Health Minister Jens Spahn spoke earlier of a "quasi lockdown".

Some German states already operate so-called 2G policies, and these will now become nationwide - 2G stands for genesen (recovered in the past six months) or geimpft (vaccinated).

Under the measures agreed by Germany's 16 states and federal leaders:

- Unvaccinated people will be limited to meetings with their own household and two other people
- The 2G rule will be enforced at restaurants and cultural venues and non-essential shops
- Clubs will shut in areas where 350 cases have been recorded per 100,000 people in the past seven days - the national rate is over 400
- Up to 30 million vaccinations will be carried out by Christmas - first, second or boosters
- Outdoor events, including Bundesliga football, will have limited crowds of 15,000 and 2G rules
- Fireworks on New Year's Eve will be banned  :huh:

While vaccinations have been stepped up in Germany - with almost a million carried out on Wednesday alone - only 68.7% of the population has been vaccinated, a relatively low rate for Western Europe.

Seventy-nine cases of the new Omicron variant of Covid-19 have been reported in 15 European countries so far, according to the EU's European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

Most cases were linked to travel to African countries while others were linked to connecting flights between Africa and Europe. The ECDC does not cover the UK.

I generally agree with the measures and want a vaccine mandate. But why do our politicians always feel compelled to add one bizarre completely unrelated rule to the Mix? That discredits the whole package...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on December 02, 2021, 02:08:50 PM

I mean, he was posting here under the closest to a false identity you could get on an online forum. I am ok with Dorsey changing his nick to AR, but not ok with AR pretending to be not-Dorsey for years.

garbon

There is a reason I haven't replied to him in years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I guess it's a good time to come clean: I'm actually a poster from way back named DGuller.  For a while you guys thought I was Dorsey so I changed my name to Razgovory.  A little on the nose, but you guys never suspected a thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2021, 03:06:13 PM
I guess it's a good time to come clean: I'm actually a poster from way back named DGuller.  For a while you guys thought I was Dorsey so I changed my name to Razgovory.  A little on the nose, but you guys never suspected a thing.

So you're an accountant, eh? :hmm: Account for everything.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 02, 2021, 03:04:42 PM

Which of them?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on December 02, 2021, 05:04:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 02, 2021, 03:04:42 PM

Which of them?

Probably mongers, he's in this chain twice.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on December 02, 2021, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2021, 03:06:13 PM

So you're an accountant, eh? :hmm: Account for everything.

Technically I am a fortune teller.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on December 02, 2021, 02:31:02 PM

Germany's national and regional leaders have agreed to bar unvaccinated people from much of public life in a bid to fend off a fourth wave of Covid-19.

Outgoing Chancellor Angela Merkel described the far-reaching measures as an act of "national solidarity".

Only those who have been vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid will be allowed in restaurants, cinemas, leisure facilities and many shops.

Germany's fourth wave of Covid is its most severe so far, with another 388 deaths recorded in the past 24 hours.

There is also growing concern about the spread of the Omicron variant, which EU health officials warn is likely to cause over half of all Covid cases in the next few months.

Mrs Merkel said hospitals were stretched to the point of patients having to be moved to different areas for treatment. "The fourth wave must be broken and this has not yet been achieved."

"Given the situation, I think it is appropriate to adopt compulsory vaccination," she said, while making clear that this would have to be approved by parliament.

Her successor Olaf Scholz, who is expected to take over as chancellor next Wednesday, had already said he backed the move, which would come a few weeks later than a similar Austrian law. Berlin Mayor Michael Müller said the vast majority of Covid cases were down to unvaccinated people.

The new measures are not described as a lockdown on the unvaccinated, although outgoing Health Minister Jens Spahn spoke earlier of a "quasi lockdown".

Some German states already operate so-called 2G policies, and these will now become nationwide - 2G stands for genesen (recovered in the past six months) or geimpft (vaccinated).

- Unvaccinated people will be limited to meetings with their own household and two other people
- The 2G rule will be enforced at restaurants and cultural venues and non-essential shops
- Clubs will shut in areas where 350 cases have been recorded per 100,000 people in the past seven days - the national rate is over 400
- Up to 30 million vaccinations will be carried out by Christmas - first, second or boosters
- Outdoor events, including Bundesliga football, will have limited crowds of 15,000 and 2G rules

While vaccinations have been stepped up in Germany - with almost a million carried out on Wednesday alone - only 68.7% of the population has been vaccinated, a relatively low rate for Western Europe.

Seventy-nine cases of the new Omicron variant of Covid-19 have been reported in 15 European countries so far, according to the EU's European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

Most cases were linked to travel to African countries while others were linked to connecting flights between Africa and Europe. The ECDC does not cover the UK.

I generally agree with the measures and want a vaccine mandate. But why do our politicians always feel compelled to add one bizarre completely unrelated rule to the Mix? That discredits the whole package...

We're getting the fireworks ban too, just like last year. And just like last year, it will be ignored.

11B4V

Quote from: Zanza on December 02, 2021, 02:31:02 PM

Fireworks are dangerous. Tens of people are killed every year.

QuoteAhead of the Fourth of July, a report has found that fireworks injuries are skyrocketing in the United States. The results of a U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) analysis show that 18 people died from non-occupational fireworks incidents in the U.S. in 2020 compared to 12 in 2019.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Wow. "...just over 52% of severe covid patients died in a year's time. "
https://gizmodo.com/many-severe-covid-19-survivors-go-on-to-die-within-a-ye-1848144418

This would put Omicron only 2nd to Measles in being super contagious 
https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/status/1465778840672821252?s=21

Arieh Kovler (@ariehkovler)
Per the report, the really bad news is Omicron appears to have an R that's 1.3x that of Delta. That's a crazy high infection rate. Means case numbers can spiral out of control almost before you notice them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point