Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2020, 03:21:56 PM
I went downtown Friday evening and the college kids are definitely in don't give a fuck mode.

TMI
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on August 23, 2020, 07:52:19 AM
Same in at least this part of Virginia.

Not that anecdotes should be mistaken for evidence, even if you are desperate to find evidence for your firm belief that "America sucks."

:rolleyes:

I didn't present it as "evidence", as you well know.

And for fucks sake, get over yourself. You feel free to be all gung ho about the US right now. But I'm not, and your passive aggressive bullshit isn't going to change that.

You are such a dick sometimes.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Eh, he's being pretty open about his aggression.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've come down with a nasty cough and fever.  So if I just vanish or something you guys will know why.  If it is covid, I know where I got it.  It was those two dip-shit movers from Menards that came in without masks.  So, if it's not too much trouble, maybe one of you guys can just blow up a Menards or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2020, 09:18:47 PM
I've come down with a nasty cough and fever.  So if I just vanish or something you guys will know why.  If it is covid, I know where I got it.  It was those two dip-shit movers from Menards that came in without masks.  So, if it's not too much trouble, maybe one of you guys can just blow up a Menards or something.

:(

Hang in there, Raz.

Keep giving us updates rather than disappearing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

If you don't make it Raz, thanks for the company.

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on August 22, 2020, 05:29:17 PM
Is anybody really... :lol:
Whenever I had to go to confession, I struggled to find something to confess for.
That's the saddest thing about being perfect, you have no sins to confess.  :ph34r:  :P :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 22, 2020, 11:24:11 PM
180k dead according to worldmeter
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Excess death in the US are over 200 000 since the beginning of the year.  You're way over that now.

viper37

You'll make it.

DGuller

Are you going to get tested?  Also, get a pulse oximeter, that'll keep you from being in the dark as to whether you need to be getting to a hospital or not, should you have Covid.

merithyn

:hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Get well soon! :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

:hug:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Vienna is at over 1400 active cases, which is about as high as during the peak in April; it'll probably be over 1500 this afternoon and likely top those early numbers at latest tomorrow. On the plus side, there's not many hospitalizations and hardly any deaths, so most of these cases appear to be mild.

Apricot(?) is number of active cases, black is number of total deaths, and green-ish is the number of recovered.

P.S.: Schools are not yet opened, they start next week, I think.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.