Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2020, 08:58:07 AM
What I was trying to get at is the only way this matters is if he gets symptoms so serious that he cannot execute any shenanigans after the elections should he lose. If he doesn't have bad symptoms he can tweet and post videos or whatever while he is sick. He can zoom during the debates even. It won't matter.

Boutelfika was a brain-dead zombie and his inner-circle/party still went to bat for him screwing the electorate in any way they can. Trump could be comatose, shenanigans will still take place if he loses. A lot of those folks are scared of going to jail if the fuhrer loses.

Maladict

What I was trying to get at is the only way this matters is if he gets symptoms so serious that he cannot execute any shenanigans after the elections should he lose. If he doesn't have bad symptoms he can tweet and post videos or whatever while he is sick. He can zoom during the debates even. It won't matter.

Well he's not tweeting, and Pence has subbed for him on at least one occasion already.

merithyn

Quote from: Maladict on October 02, 2020, 12:51:55 PM

Well he's not tweeting, and Pence has subbed for him on at least one occasion already.

Oh really...  :hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: Maladict on October 02, 2020, 12:51:55 PM

Huh - no tweets since his announcement 12 hours ago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Biden tests negative for COVID-19, reminds folks to 'wear a mask' after being mocked by Trump for mask at debate

QuoteFormer Vice President Joe Biden has tested negative for coronavirus, according to his personal doctor, as the Democratic nominee sought to continue campaigning during the month before the Nov. 3 election.

Dr. Kevin O'Connor, the primary care physician, said Biden and his wife Jill were each tested and "COVID-19 was not detected."

"Thank you to everyone for your messages of concern," Biden said in a tweet. "I hope this serves as a reminder: wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands."

crazy canuck

Trump and those around him are going to be compelled to say he has mild symptoms, no matter how serious it might be for a range of reasons, including his downplaying the seriousness of COVID for so long.  He cannot be perceived as weak now. 

At least that is the way they will think about it.  But if he is off twitter for much longer, conspiracy theorists are going to go nuts.

edit, well, more nuts.

Tamas

I am thinking, if it's not fake then he must be feeling it. I would fully expect him to just go about his business campaigning if he knew he was infected but symptomless.

Maladict

I know these people are utterly self-absorbed, but wouldn't she say 'we'?

QuoteMelania Trump
@FLOTUS
·
2h
US government account
Thank you for the love you are sending our way. I have mild symptoms but overall feeling good. I am looking forward to a speedy recovery.

merithyn

My daughter pointed out that he isn't likely to have send this tweet. It's the first time he's called it "COVID-19', and the spelling and punctuation is correct.

He's pretty sick, I'm guessing.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

This just shows the special relationship between the UK and the USA.

The Prince of Monaco has COVID? What a shame.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Josquius

Well shit.
The university fuck up keeps getting worse.

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2020-10-02/hundreds-of-students-reportedly-self-isolating-at-northumbria-university-and-the-university-of-newcastle

700 students infected just 3 miles away.

I think it's fairly beyond conspiracy now the government knew this would happen but wanted to make sure the rent money was coming in.

I increasingly wonder however, and well aware I am getting into conspiracy, how much this is seen as a desirable outcome. Imprison vast numbers of teenagers in a controlled environment without vulnerable people around and let corona rip through them so they get their immunity without putting others at risk.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

All so predictable (like with schools - we've already seen this in Scotland).

Higher education needs to stop following the government edicts now.

Also speaking to a friend who worked in a university until this summer and is now doing a masters it is astonishing how much universities have been able to pivot to remote learning for masters (where they don't make any money providing accommodation and can still charge overseas students international fees which are astronomical). But nothing on a coordinated level seems to have happened for undergrads - so they've been pushed to come but, for obvious reasons, professors are mainly delivering lectures etc remotely.

There's literally nothing happening here that we didn't already see in Scottish universities. In a normal government two entirely expected, inevitable fuck ups would be enough to cost Williamson his job. But here we are.

And, again, what we're seeing is what happened in Scotland - huge outbreaks in some universities, almost nothing in others. One of the big questions of this is how much of it is coming from Newcastle into the university and how much is the university bringing it into Newcastle.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

It is interesting that this is northumbria, the ex poly more normal person uni, with super high numbers.
Newcastle uni right next door, the much posher one, has very few.
It is quite the opposite of what I would have expected.
All said though, freshers flu is taking on a whole new meaning....
██████
██████
██████