News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

He was responding a lot faster and naturally about how "the woke mind virus killed his son" :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

She broke his perfect streak of having only boys, no? That's probably why he hates Grimes so much now, their 2nd born is a girl.

It's quite clear from the interviews his first wife gave in the early 2010s. Musk is not interested in being a father figure. There are nannies for that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

He sounds like he had that kind of teenage-boy-darwinist epiphany that "if you look at it objectively, winning at life means propagating your genes" and decided that they really want to "win at life".

Kind of like that Japanese billionaire (or son of a billionaire) who was aiming to have 100 kids and was paying Thai women to be surrogate mothers for his kids. He had something like 13 or 16 kids that way.

PJL

The idea that we all might end up being descendants of Musk in the distant future is a scary thought.

Jacob

Quote from: PJL on August 07, 2024, 01:16:53 PMThe idea that we all might end up being descendants of Musk in the distant future is a scary thought.

He'd need a lot more children and/ or some sort of population bottleneck for that to work out.

... but really, by that point it doesn't matter. I'm confident we all have some measure of colossal idiots among our ancestors.

Valmy

Quote from: PJL on August 07, 2024, 01:16:53 PMThe idea that we all might end up being descendants of Musk in the distant future is a scary thought.

Fortunately, genetics doesn't work that way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HclD2E_3rhI

If you are having lots of kids thinking your amazing traits will save humanity well the bad news is your DNA quickly becomes diluted to nothing by all the other people's DNA being mixed in as the generations go by.

Unless you turn your family tree into a straight line. Maybe the Ptolemies were on to something.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

The good news is that Genghis Khan supposedly being related to some large percentage of the population is likely wrong.

Josquius

Summary for those who can't watch a video now?

Even ignoring his love a bit of the old rumpy pumpy given how long ago he lived basically any of his contemporaries who have living descendents will be in some way the ancestor of a huge chunk of the population.
██████
██████
██████

frunk

Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 01:49:44 PMSummary for those who can't watch a video now?

Even ignoring his love a bit of the old rumpy pumpy given how long ago he lived basically any of his contemporaries who have living descendents will be in some way the ancestor of a huge chunk of the population.

The original study which generated this tidbit depended on one Y Chromosome Haploid group which they estimated came from ~1000 years ago.  A subsequent study including significantly larger samples indicated that that group is likely 2600 years old and doesn't correspond with known Mongol descendents.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on August 07, 2024, 11:53:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2024, 11:24:27 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2024, 11:26:58 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 06, 2024, 04:44:12 PMWho's weirder? Elon Trump or Donald Musk?

And will it be weirder that his recent interview with Jordan Peterson?

He made Peterson look good. That was impressive.

Peterson: So why are you the guy who can safely develop AI?

Musk: Because I will not make the mistakes others are making!

Peterson: What mistakes are others making?

Musk: They are making AI woke!

Right Elon. That is everybody's worry about AI, that it might turn us all trans.  :mellow: That is what the people concerned with AI have been sounding the alarm bells about. The fact that you hate and are cruel to trans people means we can completely trust you to be responsible with AI development.

How did a guy this self deluded and idiotic become this dominant powerful person who has so much unaccountable power over our lives? And I feel like an idiot for ever thinking he was the guy we needed to address real problems. But maybe he was that guy to some extent in the past but then his kid was trans, a kid he completely neglected and never bothered to get to know btw, and now his brain is completely broken. All he seems to care about is revenge on his daughter for her daring to not be what he wanted her to be.

I only saw excerpts, but the most depressing bit to me was when Jordan asked him what he loves being a father, or what he loves about parenthood or something.

There's an uncomfortable pause.

And then Musk starts talking about how humans are hardwired to love and care for their offspring etc.

Just wow.

Why is there any surprise? Didn't he try get his kids named something ridiculous? Why do that to a child, knowing that children can be vicious and will use their victim's name, especially when it's basically nonsense.

Musk is mad, and the madness comes out more as time passes.
Shame we don't have brains cans of him over the years cause I'm really curious what would come out of the research.

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 01:49:44 PMSummary for those who can't watch a video now?

Well my video was explaining how the number of ancestors you have for a particular generation gets larger than the number of pairs in your DNA surprisingly fast and the probability that Charles III has much or even any of the DNA of any of his particular 18th century ancestors is surprisingly small. So even if Elon Musk ends up having billions of direct descendants few are going to have many of his traits.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2024, 01:56:34 PM

Well my video was explaining how the number of ancestors you have for a particular generation gets larger than the number of pairs in your DNA surprisingly fast and the probability that Charles III has much or even any of the DNA of any of his particular 18th century ancestors is surprisingly small. So even if Elon Musk ends up having billions of direct descendants few are going to have many of his traits.

I was on about the genghis khan thing.

But on this...

Perhaps that's where his mars colony comes in.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

He gets a wacko judge in Texas he might get some traction in his lawsuit.
PDH!

Zanza

He also often just threatens lawsuits and does not actually sue. Unless the opponent is weaker and he can bury them with legal expenses. But the companies he is suing have deep pockets for lawyers. Why would Mars feel threatened by him?

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, suing big companies isn't really much of a threat. If you ever read a 10-K, your typical F500 company has 250-500 "major litigation" actions ongoing at any given time. That stuff is just encapsulated in a line item for ongoing legal expenses and is a cost of doing business.