And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on August 17, 2009, 07:52:17 PM

The series ended a miserable failure.

By your own admission you never watched it so shut up!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on August 17, 2009, 08:14:18 PM
By your own admission you never watched it so shut up!
Why would I?  Starbuck is a man.  Anything that erases the series from continuity is a good thing.

Besides, the consensus after the finale seemed to support me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

bah most series finales bite ass. the only ones that stand out as great for me are the end of The Wire, ST:TNG and Seinfeld.
:p

Grallon

Just a heads up on "The Plan" (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/10/battlestar-galactica-the-plan/), a BSG movie that came out on DVD on the 27th.

Average narrative from the POV of the Cylons.  The 2 best things: Dean Stockwell as (evil) Brother Cavil and the scene of the actual attack on the colonies.

SPOILERS:

That particular scene is one of the best attack sequence I've seen in a long time.

A massive fleet of basestars jumps close to the colonies and begin positioning themselves in orbit.  Meanwhile we see cuts from various characters as doom approaches.  Then the hybrids access the defense mainframe and the attack begins.  We see the missiles being launched and after entry in the atmosphere splitting into many warheads before hitting their targets.  There are the inevitable hot flashes and mushroom clouds of course.   

But the best part is when the hybrids begin their slow taly of the destruction in that doomsday voice they have:

"The forests of Tauron are burning - the beaches of Canceron are burning - the oceans of Aquarion are burning - the plains of Leones are burning - the jungles of Scorpion are burning - the courthouses of Libra are burning - the cities of Caprica are burning...

At last, the colonies of Men lay trampled at our feet!"

Shivers down my spine!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Faeelin

Quote from: Grallon on October 30, 2009, 12:17:05 PM
"The forests of Tauron are burning - the beaches of Canceron are burning - the oceans of Aquarion are burning - the plains of Leones are burning - the jungles of Scorpion are burning - the courthouses of Libra are burning - the cities of Caprica are burning...

"Unfortunately, on each of those planets we failed to hit the other types of climate zones and urban centers. Oops."

viper37

Got the BD version from a torrent.  Will wait the appropriate moment to watch it.  That means maybe tonight :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

Quote from: Faeelin on October 30, 2009, 12:19:31 PM

"Unfortunately, on each of those planets we failed to hit the other types of climate zones and urban centers. Oops."

:lol: 

The hybrids aren't all 'there' as you know  ;)

~Jean-François Revel

Josephus

The chick who plays Starbuck, Katee Suckmeoff, is gonna be on 24 this year, I think.

I've only gotten into BSG recently...I'm just about ready to start Season 3 now. I do have a question for you.

There' s no doubt that this Starbuck is far more sexually appealing than the original...but what do you think of her? Is it just me, or does she (the charater not necessarily the actress) come across as a bit too butchy. I realize she is supposed to be a fighter pilot after all. My point is...I'm not sure if I find Starbuck super attractive. She'd almost be too intimidating on a date.

Thoughts?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

I don't think they were going for super attractive at all.

But no, she is not. I think she is a great character though - a hell of a lot more interesting than the original Starbuck. At least until the show jumped the shark with her driving the shark.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josephus

She is hawt though in real life
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Yeah, six is supposed to be the one there for super hotness.
Whilst Boomer is there for 'hidden' hotness- ie. she obviously is hot but everyone in the show is oblivious to this hence viewers feel all special about her.
Starbuck is just there to be a regular woman, sort of yeah she's ok to look at but she doesn't give a shit.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

You are all terrible people.  Starbuck is a man.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2009, 04:16:35 PM
:yawn:
Will these be your dying words?
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

A hot feminine man with blond hair and a really nice rack. :perv:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

BuddhaRhubarb

and the auto-mobile will never replace the horse and buggy. internet=fad.

wake up grandpa. :p

someone needs to desercate another old tv show, so Neil can get a new schtick already.
:p