Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on November 02, 2009, 10:06:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 02, 2009, 02:07:02 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 22, 2009, 07:39:09 AM
Quoteand if you want creepy to get her genes into "our" gene pool, she was mating with beings that had no language

More likely raped by beings that had no language.  Along with a good portion of the female fleet members that didn't die right away.  The scattered, starving bands of colonials probably ended up selling off their women to the grunting savages for scraps mammoth meat.
Language has certainly been around for more than 100,000 years. It may have been less compex but it was language.
It took you seven months to come up with that response?  :P

First time I read the thread.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

So, I'm still catching up to the show, and find myself near the end of Season 3.

Just one thing to say: What The Frak? Starbuck?? :cry:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Starbuck is a man, and I won this thread.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

I did.  In the end, everyone agreed that the new Battlestar was pointless and weak. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on December 15, 2009, 09:12:47 AM
I did.  In the end, everyone agreed that the new Battlestar was pointless and weak. 

But only in the end, and the reason it was weak had nothing to do with Starbuck being a man. Starbuck as a woman was a hell of a lot better character than the original Starbuck.

BSG will forever be a show that would have been so much better had the entire writing cast been killed in a freak accident after, oh, season 3.5 or so.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on December 15, 2009, 09:25:20 AM

But only in the end, and the reason it was weak had nothing to do with Starbuck being a man. Starbuck as a woman was a hell of a lot better character than the original Starbuck.

BSG will forever be a show that would have been so much better had the entire writing cast been killed in a freak accident after, oh, season 3.5 or so.
Sorry, but once you gave up on the show in the end, you ceded all your rights to have an opinion to me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on December 15, 2009, 09:25:20 AM

You are mostly correct.
PDH!

Josephus

I have two more episodes in Season 3 (the trial, I think) to watch.

Are you saying Season 4 sucks?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Quote from: Josephus on December 15, 2009, 09:42:24 AM

No, but the overall plot arc is definitely starting to jump the shark at that point. Or rather, it is jumping something, and the writers have no fucking clue what, or where it is going to land, and are in full on "make shit up as we go and pray we can figure out a sane way to make it all work later" mode.

And of course they utterly fail to make it all work later, in a rather spectacular fashion. And not cool spectacular either.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Yes, it sucks.

DisturbedPervert

Some people liked it, but for me the series ends mid way through season 3

Grallon

Many of the episodes of season 4.0 are actually quite good - on their own.  The problem is the 'plan' - the overarching theme which becomes more and more incoherent.  To the point where some characters are written out of character to fit this paint-by-number main arc.  Still there are some really great episodes.  Naturally you should watch it before you come here asking others to validate your choices...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Quote from: Grallon on December 15, 2009, 12:38:22 PM

Many of the episodes of season 4.0 are actually quite good - on their own.  The problem is the 'plan' - the overarching theme which becomes more and more incoherent.  To the point where some characters are written out of character to fit this paint-by-number main arc.  Still there are some really great episodes.  Naturally you should watch it before you come here asking others to validate your choices...

G.

Indeed. The problem is strictly with the overall plot progression, which just becomes utterly inane. Still some fun shows though, if you can just ignore that.

I enjoyed watching it just because I was holding out some vain hope that they would somehow make it all work in the end, even while I was pretty certain there was no way they would be able to do so.

0 rows returned