And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 30, 2009, 10:04:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2009, 04:16:35 PM
You are all terrible people.  Starbuck is a man.

and the auto-mobile will never replace the horse and buggy. internet=fad.

wake up grandpa. :p

someone needs to desercate another old tv show, so Neil can get a new schtick already.

The new "V" series is coming up.

Neil

Quote from: citizen k on October 30, 2009, 11:38:54 PM

someone needs to desercate another old tv show, so Neil can get a new schtick already.

I never watched the old V, so it won't bother me.

When I was a kid, my dad had taped the movie version of the Battlestar Galactica pilot, and that, Star Wars and the Secret of NIMH were my favorite movies when I was a young boy.  The new, terrible Battlestar Galactica is deeply offensive to me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: citizen k on October 30, 2009, 11:38:54 PM

I've stopped being enraged by the raping of my childhood. I'll just but the DVD sets of the old shows and enjoy the memories.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

The V trailers don't look too bad yet. And it will probably easily be better than the second V series (where the Visitors return).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on October 31, 2009, 10:11:19 AM
The V trailers don't look too bad yet. And it will probably easily be better than the second V series (where the Visitors return).

:yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Just got a notice that Caprica will be filming next week in a park near our house.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 01, 2009, 11:02:53 AM
Just got a notice that Caprica will be filming next week in a park near our house.

Cool. We expect nothing less than for you to sneak on set and get us some video.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grinning_Colossus

Just saw the last telemovie, which was sort of a clip show and otherwise didn't feature any of the main cast except for the fat guy (tho it did have Dean Stockwell -- who always delivers and was underutilized in the series -- in spades).

And the plan is... there is no plan!
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Neil

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on November 01, 2009, 06:49:31 PM
Just saw the last telemovie, which was sort of a clip show and otherwise didn't feature any of the main cast except for the fat guy (tho it did have Dean Stockwell -- who always delivers and was underutilized in the series -- in spades).

And the plan is... there is no plan!
Because it sucks.  Starbuck is a man.  Recognize.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 22, 2009, 07:39:09 AM
Quoteand if you want creepy to get her genes into "our" gene pool, she was mating with beings that had no language

More likely raped by beings that had no language.  Along with a good portion of the female fleet members that didn't die right away.  The scattered, starving bands of colonials probably ended up selling off their women to the grunting savages for scraps mammoth meat.
Language has certainly been around for more than 100,000 years. It may have been less compex but it was language.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 02, 2009, 02:07:02 AM
Quoteand if you want creepy to get her genes into "our" gene pool, she was mating with beings that had no language

More likely raped by beings that had no language.  Along with a good portion of the female fleet members that didn't die right away.  The scattered, starving bands of colonials probably ended up selling off their women to the grunting savages for scraps mammoth meat.
Language has certainly been around for more than 100,000 years. It may have been less compex but it was language.
It took you seven months to come up with that response?  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

So I saw the Plan.

And I liked it.

Of course, one needs to have seen the series, even more, it needs to be fresh in your mind for the best enjoyment.

Not much 'action' per see, but it's still great.

I heard there is another one of these movie coming, and I shall wait.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 02, 2009, 02:07:02 AM

Given the seven months you've been researching this topic I will cede the floor to you on this, the Battlestar Galactica proto humans may indeed have had a language.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on November 02, 2009, 10:49:44 AM
So I saw the Plan.

And I liked it.

Of course, one needs to have seen the series, even more, it needs to be fresh in your mind for the best enjoyment.

Not much 'action' per see, but it's still great.

I heard there is another one of these movie coming, and I shall wait.

It wasn't bad - aside from the first 20 minutes showing us the attack the rest was mostly filler.  However I can't shake the feeling of... staleness.  The last part of the finale really cheapened the series.   :(

Do you have more info on this next movie?  Will it be directed by Olmos as well?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Faeelin on October 30, 2009, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: Grallon on October 30, 2009, 12:17:05 PM
"The forests of Tauron are burning - the beaches of Canceron are burning - the oceans of Aquarion are burning - the plains of Leones are burning - the jungles of Scorpion are burning - the courthouses of Libra are burning - the cities of Caprica are burning...

"Unfortunately, on each of those planets we failed to hit the other types of climate zones and urban centers. Oops."
Its abotu the characters, not the MIRV accuracy.
PDH!