News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

It sounds like someone desperately trying to distance himself from Flynn.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: frunk on February 15, 2017, 12:42:28 PM
It sounds like someone desperately trying to distance himself from Flynn.

It sounds like a 7th grader trying to bullshit his way through explaining how the lamp in the living room managed to break itself, and failing.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2017, 10:26:08 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Crimea was TAKEN by Russia during the Obama Administration. Was Obama too soft on Russia?

:blink:
That's a surprising change of direction.  :huh:

frunk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2017, 12:50:06 PM
It sounds like a 7th grader trying to bullshit his way through explaining how the lamp in the living room managed to break itself, and failing.

I listened to some of his joint press conference with Netanyahu, and while spouting such nonsense as "I looked into the two state solution, but I'm in favor of whatever state solution both parties can agree to" he sounded a bit down.  Probably needs a bump.

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2017, 10:34:06 AM
It's one of those flip-flops that's giving me serious whiplash. From "Russia has no troops in Ukraine," and "We'll look into that" when asked about lifting sanctions and recognizing Crimea as belonging to Russia to "Evil Russia, Obama was too soft."

I dont' see any real flip flop.

The takeaway is that obama is weak, he is stronger, and the criticism he gets regarding russia is baseless and biased against him.

I doubt Putin will have his feelings hurt by hearing Trump say he took Crimea. Putin is probably proud of it and appreciates the credit.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

So, it seems Trump was briefed on Flynn's talking to the Russians and the possibility of a situation weeks ago, yet last week he denied he knew about it but said "he'd look into that." :hmm:

With everything happening in the Trump "Administration", imagine this was happening under a Democrat president. The GOP would be losing their collective shits and call to arms.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2017, 10:34:06 AM
It's one of those flip-flops that's giving me serious whiplash. From "Russia has no troops in Ukraine," and "We'll look into that" when asked about lifting sanctions and recognizing Crimea as belonging to Russia to "Evil Russia, Obama was too soft."

I dont' see any real flip flop.

The takeaway is that obama is weak, he is stronger, and the criticism he gets regarding russia is baseless and biased against him.

I doubt Putin will have his feelings hurt by hearing Trump say he took Crimea. Putin is probably proud of it and appreciates the credit.

Spicer claims that Trump has been incredibly tough on Russia. Do you agree with that assessment?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
Putin is probably proud of it and appreciates the credit.

I don't think so. The Russians are pretty touchy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2017, 01:20:40 PM

Spicer claims that Trump has been incredibly tough on Russia. Do you agree with that assessment?

I assume the administration will be rather weak and conciliatory toward Russia, but I think at this point it is too early to say they have been weak or strong. That would imply a coherent strategy, which does not seem to have yet emerged.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2017, 01:29:21 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2017, 01:20:40 PM

I assume the administration will be rather weak and conciliatory toward Russia, but I think at this point it is too early to say they have been weak or strong. That would imply a coherent strategy, which does not seem to have yet emerged.

That is inane.

A incoherent strategy, not having a strategy, is by definition weak since it allows the other side to act with impunity.

So now we are going to defend Trump by claiming his incompetence insulates him from responsibility? He gets a "C" for not having any strategy at all beyond saying nice things about Putin as long as Putin says nice things about him?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?).Just like Russia

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
The fake news media is going crazy with their conspiracy theories and blind hatred. @MSNBC & @CNN are unwatchable. @foxandfriends is great!
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on February 15, 2017, 01:32:45 PM
That is inane.

A incoherent strategy, not having a strategy, is by definition weak since it allows the other side to act with impunity.

So now we are going to defend Trump by claiming his incompetence insulates him from responsibility? He gets a "C" for not having any strategy at all beyond saying nice things about Putin as long as Putin says nice things about him?

No, I think that he gets an F for incompetence - why are you interpreting my post as defending him in the least?

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2017, 10:31:35 AM
See Putin? No reset button for you.

I wonder if Russia is going to respond somehow.

Kremlin said that they aren't giving it back and won't be discussing it. Also btw, claiming that Crimea is not part of Russia is illegal under Russian law. That's gonna be awkward when Trump visits Moscow.

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on February 15, 2017, 05:27:58 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2017, 10:31:35 AM
See Putin? No reset button for you.

I wonder if Russia is going to respond somehow.

Kremlin said that they aren't giving it back and won't be discussing it. Also btw, claiming that Crimea is not part of Russia is illegal under Russian law. That's gonna be awkward when Trump visits Moscow.

Diplomatic immunity!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2017, 01:20:10 PM
So, it seems Trump was briefed on Flynn's talking to the Russians and the possibility of a situation weeks ago, yet last week he denied he knew about it but said "he'd look into that." :hmm:

With everything happening in the Trump "Administration", imagine this was happening under a Democrat president. The GOP would be losing their collective shits and call to arms.

Admin spin is that he was not aware of the specific Washington Post article with the damning claims about Flynn.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.