And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on February 17, 2017, 07:43:40 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2017, 07:18:50 AM
It seems weird that the GOP seems intent on turning public health and environment protection laws back to at least the 1970s.

To think that it was Nixon who created the EPA...

Well, he was a self-confessed Keynesian convert. :P

Grey Fox

It seems weird that the GOP seems intent on turning public health and environment protection laws back to at least the 1970s.

Why do you think that?

It seems to be totally on par with a conservative agenda.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
General Keith Kellogg, who I have known for a long time, is very much in play for NSA - as are three others.
He seems to think people enjoy these casting show antics to supposedly build tension and anticipation.

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 
Thank you for all of the nice statements on the Press Conference yesterday. Rush Limbaugh said one of greatest ever. Fake media not happy!
Well, if Rush says it. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-press-conference-top-moments-235110

QuoteBut on Thursday, he seemed to be in his element, the TV showman jousting with reporters, dissecting individual questions, telling reporters to hush and asking for a friendly reporter in the room. "I love this. I'm having a good time doing it," the president said as he found his groove.

others are saying it, too.

while it deviated from the standard, and I haven't watched his press rally, it seems to have gone fine for his particular style

The Brain

He's the greatest president ever.

Too bad America is the laughing stock of the world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PJL

mongers

He's back on track:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    1h

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

Seems when he finds what he thinks is a winning formula, he'll stick to it through thick and thin.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Countdown to murderous idiots who take Donald literally barging into the offices of CNN and killing dozens of people starts........ now
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2017, 05:52:30 PM
He's back on track:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    1h

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

Seems when when he finds what he thinks is a winning formula, he'll stick to it through thick and thin.

Wait the President is calling the press the enemy of the American people? How much more like Orban and company can he get?

What the hell does he think he is doing? You can't say shit like that. I guess it is all just for the LOLZ and the big entertaining reality TV show. I hope anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2017, 07:00:08 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2017, 05:52:30 PM
He's back on track:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    1h

Seems when when he finds what he thinks is a winning formula, he'll stick to it through thick and thin.

Wait the President is calling the press the enemy of the American people? How much more like Orban and company can he get?

What the hell does he think he is doing? You can't say shit like that. I guess it is all just for the LOLZ and the big entertaining reality TV show. I hope anyway.

Valmy, if I take your position then we'll have to conclude Tamas was onto something viz Trump-Orban.  :hmm:

edit:
When I posted that I didn't take it for more than the by now typical Trump bluster, but I see how it could be taken much more seriously.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 17, 2017, 06:48:50 PM
Countdown to murderous idiots who take Donald literally barging into the offices of CNN and killing dozens of people starts........ now

:w00t:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 17, 2017, 06:48:50 PM

Final or regular?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

And the wing pushing the destruction of the environment at the mining sites are the people who live there!

They'd apparently rather be employed for the ten years remaining in coal's economic lifespan, and sick forever after, than unemployed for the ten years remaining in coal's economic lifespan, and well forever after.

Truth is, they don't have any good choices, and hope for the unicorn solution.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: grumbler on February 18, 2017, 07:00:48 PM

And the wing pushing the destruction of the environment at the mining sites are the people who live there!

They'd apparently rather be employed for the ten years remaining in coal's economic lifespan, and sick forever after, than unemployed for the ten years remaining in coal's economic lifespan, and well forever after.

Truth is, they don't have any good choices, and hope for the unicorn solution.

The mentality of coal miners, particularly union miners, is just weird.  It's not so much that they don't have any options;  it's that they don't want any options.  The typical UMWA miner, if the mine he works at is closed or cuts back production and he gets laid off, won't take a non-mining job if he's offered one, because to do so would be "disloyal to the union".  Doesn't seem to matter if he's been laid off 6 days, or 6 years.

mongers

OMG he's not tweeted for 18 hours. :gasp:

Maybe he's getting some?