News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on May 29, 2017, 04:20:19 AM
I'm confused about the US healthcare system, it's twice as expensive as european average healthcare and yet citizens have to pay of it themselves as well? How is that possible?

I just don't use medical care much anymore because it is too expensive and I have health insurance. I went to go check something out 4 years ago, it was a half hour appointment and it turned out everything was cool. Then I was billed over $1,000.00 dollars for it once my insurance paid what they agreed to pay. Bear in mind they did not even treat anything just did a few tests. Yeah...I will take my chances in the future.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2017, 10:47:43 AM
Bear in mind they did not even treat anything just did a few tests. Yeah...I will take my chances in the future.

You say that now; let us know when you notice the colorectal cancer you had thought was just a hemorrhoid that could've been dealt with a year earlier.  Oh noes, woe is me and my ass cancer.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2017, 10:47:43 AM
I'm confused about the US healthcare system, it's twice as expensive as european average healthcare and yet citizens have to pay of it themselves as well? How is that possible?

I just don't use medical care much anymore because it is too expensive and I have health insurance. I went to go check something out 4 years ago, it was a half hour appointment and it turned out everything was cool. Then I was billed over $1,000.00 dollars for it once my insurance paid what they agreed to pay. Bear in mind they did not even treat anything just did a few tests. Yeah...I will take my chances in the future.

Valmy, that's a dangerous attitude to take.  You and I are reaching an age where things can start going wrong.  Often they can be fixed if caught early enough.  Make sure you keep getting regular check-ups. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

My health insurance called me the day after my last birthday to tell me that I am now old enough to get a free comprehensive health check once a year. I am getting old.  :cry:

Grey Fox

I had a check-up in May.

My cholesterol is still too [spoiler]low.[/spoiler]

Damn annoying.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2017, 12:52:45 PM
I had a check-up in May.

My cholesterol is still too [spoiler]low.[/spoiler]

Damn annoying.

"You are taking a third helping of bacon, GF?"

"Doctor's orders!"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zanza on May 29, 2017, 12:20:35 PM
My health insurance called me the day after my last birthday to tell me that I am now old enough to get a free comprehensive health check once a year. I am getting old.  :cry:

Enjoy the annual prostate exam!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

QuoteDonald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.
12:04 PM - 30 May 2017
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
We have a MASSIVE trade deficit with Germany, plus they pay FAR LESS than they should on NATO & military. Very bad for U.S. This will change
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

I don't understand why or even who is pumping Trump tires on this NATO spending thing. What's their end game?

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2017, 07:27:17 AM
I don't understand why or even who is pumping Trump tires on this NATO spending thing. What's their end game?

You mean, beside Russian agents using this to drive wedges in the major alliance opposing Russian expansion?

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2017, 07:11:22 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
We have a MASSIVE trade deficit with Germany, plus they pay FAR LESS than they should on NATO & military. Very bad for U.S. This will change
Prediction: This will actually not change.

Syt

Well, I think Merkel & Co. over here will mostly wait till an adult becomes available to talk to in the White House.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2017, 07:33:42 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2017, 07:27:17 AM

You mean, beside Russian agents using this to drive wedges in the major alliance opposing Russian expansion?

Right but that doesn't change how much any of us is spending.