News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Yeah.  And problem is that the Party would probably consider a few hundred million dead an acceptable price to maintain its grip on power.  Unfortunately a few hundred million dead in the US is the whole population.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

At least lacrosse doesn't want to be a girl.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on February 10, 2017, 06:47:20 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 10, 2017, 05:41:02 PM
snip, long boring slate item.

Tim can't you post this sort of item in the Trump Presidency thread and keep this one for tweets and reaction to them?

This thread is for foreign policy news in which Trump puts us in danger.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  25m

Melania and I are hosting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Mrs. Abe at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla. They are a wonderful couple!

How is this legal?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

The price for membership at Mar-A-Lago jumped from 100k to 200k when Trump became president.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on February 11, 2017, 09:01:10 AM

Melania and I are hosting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Mrs. Abe at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla. They are a wonderful couple!

How is this legal?

:rolleyes: The war is over.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on February 11, 2017, 09:27:56 AM

How is this legal?

:rolleyes: The war is over.

I think he is referring to the fact that Trump will be putting an elderly Japanese couple into a fenced-in enclosure.  That hasn't happened since like 1942.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

How is this legal?

Not unprecedented...foreign leaders would visit George W at his Texas ranch. 

Liep

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 11, 2017, 09:42:39 AM

How is this legal?

Not unprecedented...foreign leaders would visit George W at his Texas ranch. 

Ah yes, I remember our PM biking around with W. But presumably you couldn't book a room at the ranch so the free commercial for it wasn't worth anything.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 11, 2017, 01:40:55 AM
Yeah.  And problem is that the Party would probably consider a few hundred million dead an acceptable price to maintain its grip on power.  Unfortunately a few hundred million dead in the US is the whole population.

They actually don't have that capability.

Chinese nuclear strength is rather moderate, and their weapons are limited to hitting the western US at most.

So there is that to think about - for Trump, most of the damage of a nuclear war would be on people who didn't vote for him anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 11, 2017, 05:58:38 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 10, 2017, 06:47:20 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 10, 2017, 05:41:02 PM
snip, long boring slate item.

Tim can't you post this sort of item in the Trump Presidency thread and keep this one for tweets and reaction to them?

This thread is for foreign policy news in which Trump puts us in danger.

Nope not seeing that, the original post is just a trump tweet and the thread title is this:

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM
And yeah.

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes

So where does it say its for foreign policy stuff?

Tim, you should go back to spamming the forum with a new thread for each new piece of Trump studity instead.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2017, 09:58:42 AM
Tim, you should go back to spamming the forum with a new thread for each new piece of Trump studity instead.  :P

Irony isn't just the opposite if wrinkly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

mongers

Two of the latest ones:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    2h

I am reading that the great border WALL will cost more than the government originally thought, but I have not gotten involved in the.....

@realDonaldTrump    2h

...design or negotiations yet. When I do, just like with the F-35 FighterJet or the Air Force One Program, price will come WAY DOWN!
View details ·   

So the established Alternative Facts are now that Boeing and the F35 contract prices were slashed by Trump?

NB tweet posting order reversed for ease of reading.