News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 10, 2017, 11:46:00 AMIt looking more and more like there really is something seriously wrong mentally here.

there is nothing mentally wrong with misreading something online

FunkMonk

I am sad that my President got owned by the Chicoms  :Embarrass:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: bogh on February 10, 2017, 08:25:01 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 10, 2017, 08:24:25 PM
trump clearly got some deal from the chinese

also, this is probably not going to be the only time trump is criticized for going the peaceful route

:lol:

Yeah, clearly.

Clearly Trump got dealt by the Chinese, and kissed ass accordingly.  Most men as blustery as he are cowards like he is. 

It is gonna suck to be Mattis and see Trump back down in a funk on something Mattis thinks he should go to the mattresses on like freedom of navigation, only to suddenly find himself at war with a country whose leader merely observed that Trump had stubby fingers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 10, 2017, 08:26:28 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 10, 2017, 11:46:00 AMIt looking more and more like there really is something seriously wrong mentally here.

there is nothing mentally wrong with misreading something online

You hope!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2017, 08:29:10 PM

I suspect that this isn't the first time you could say "Trump came crawling when Xi beckoned."

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2017, 08:29:10 PM

And how. Not only did he take Xi's cock up his ass, he turned right around and went full ATM before the facial.  Gack.

CountDeMoney

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: LaCroix on January 30, 2017, 06:27:06 PM
china won't mess with trump's america in any substantial way, because why risk him throwing america at them? they'll probably test the waters in unsubstantial ways to see how committed he is, and when he uses a sledgehammer to swat them away, they'll know he's the Real Deal not to be messed with
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

LaCroix

I can't and won't pretend to have all the answers. trump is playing some serious 3D chess here -- high risk, high reward.

btw fyi chantix awoke me

The Minsky Moment

PRC has figured out what corporate America figured out - Trump can be played as long as you don't publically humiliate him.  Nordstrom stock actually traded up on the tweet day.  The market has already priced in that the bark has no bite.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: LaCroix on February 11, 2017, 12:52:12 AM
I can't and won't pretend to have all the answers. trump is playing some serious 3D chess here -- high risk, high reward.

btw fyi chantix awoke me

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Minsky Moment

I agree with that.  He is playing 3D chess here.  Unfortunately he doesn't know what the pieces do, or what the rules of the game are, or what "chess" is.  He keeps asking Flynn why no salt is coming out of the white king, and why no pepper out of the black king.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Camerus

btw fyi chantix awoke me

:lmfao: I pity anyone who takes your posts in anything other than a Lettowian vein - albeit without his poetry and originality.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 11, 2017, 12:56:24 AM
PRC has figured out what corporate America figured out - Trump can be played as long as you don't publically humiliate him.  Nordstrom stock actually traded up on the tweet day.  The market has already priced in that the bark has no bite.

The PRC is quite content now:  they have seen Trump reverse himself just by ignoring him, so they know that not only is he a blowhard, he is a fraud. 
And because they now expect him to play to script, they will proceed accordingly.  And then, when Trump goes off script because he doesn't conform to the concepts of graduated pressure and since the Chinese don't do brinksmanhip, that's when the shooting starts.

LaCroix

Quote from: Camerus on February 11, 2017, 01:02:10 AM:lmfao: I pity anyone who takes your posts in anything other than a Lettowian vein - albeit without his poetry and originality.

uhh I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this post, but I don't think you're correct about whatever it is you think my posts are