News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Yeah, all of us here should be working towards scaling back this growth crazy capitalist system to a more sustainable system instead I'm taking shit because people doing that went to a fascist commentator's house to intimidate him.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 12:47:58 PM
Yeah, all of us here should be working towards scaling back this growth crazy capitalist system to a more sustainable system instead I'm taking shit because people doing that went to a fascist commentator's house to intimidate him.

Do you want a society without economic growth?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on November 09, 2018, 12:48:34 PM

I'd like a society with sustainable growth.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

The great irony is we can have both sustainable and significant economic growth if governments made the appropriate policy shifts toward the development of non fossil fuel energy.

The Brain

Sustainable over which timescale?

Zoupa

The Brain

Zoupa

The Brain

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
Why do you ask about timescale?

To understand if you're OK with investing some envirocapital to get results in the future, or if you wanted sustainable meaning not using more resources at this instant than are recreated.

11B4V

Tucker is hardly a fascist. He's not even a journalist. He's a racist talking head. Same as Hannity, Ingraham, and Pirro
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on November 09, 2018, 01:57:30 PM

Tucker is hardly a fascist. He's not even a journalist. He's a racist talking head. Same as Hannity, Ingraham, and Pirro

He is, or at least was, a journalist.

But what he also is is completely flexible in his politics.  He'll say whatever the audience wants to hear if it keeps him employed.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on November 09, 2018, 01:56:53 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
Why do you ask about timescale?

To understand if you're OK with investing some envirocapital to get results in the future, or if you wanted sustainable meaning not using more resources at this instant than are recreated.

I'm 100% pro-nuclear if that helps. I think current renewable energies are too little too late. The green parties and movements are really stupid and unreasonable on the nuclear power question.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2018, 01:11:37 PM

The great irony is we can have both sustainable and significant economic growth if governments made the appropriate policy shifts toward the development of non fossil fuel energy.
no, you can't, unfortunately.  You can reduce greenhouse gaz emissions, but you can't stop everything else and sustain economic+population growth. The NYT had a wonderful piece about this, work writtent by economists, but I haven't bookmarked it as usual.
:glare:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Why would you want to sustain population growth?

Eddie Teach

So man can spread throughout the galaxy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?