News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Camerus on November 08, 2018, 06:50:03 PM
I've watched Carlson's show a couple times. He came across as a performance artist and a bit of a bully with some of his guests (no doubt part of the act), but I didn't see what's so loathsome about him compared to many other tv personalities - though I admit I'm not really familiar with his oeuvre.

I think Carlson's special brand of smarminess is based on the way he responds to criticisms with bullshit pseudo-intellectualism and contrived sincerity.

Plus he has a very punchable face.

Maximus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 08, 2018, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2018, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 08, 2018, 04:24:57 PM
The Thirteen Colonies tried it and we ended up with the United States.

WTF? I mean it was not unheard by any means, and there were some very famous and unfortunate incidents, but even the Revolutionaries frowned upon violent intimidation. Or at least the leadership so acting like the colonies 'tried it' as a strategy is a bit misleading.
Massachusetts in particular was rife with mob justice before the Revolution broke out, including attacking people in their homes.  The Pennsylvania frontier was like the movie version of the lawless Wild West.  It wasn't all high minded boycotts and peaceful gatherings.
https://allthingsliberty.com/2013/11/whale-boat-men-long-island-sound/#_edn9

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2018, 06:54:26 PM
Plus he has a very punchable face.

Is that why GF thinks he incites violence?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Camerus on November 08, 2018, 06:50:03 PM
I've watched Carlson's show a couple times. He came across as a performance artist and a bit of a bully with some of his guests (no doubt part of the act), but I didn't see what's so loathsome about him compared to many other tv personalities - though I admit I'm not really familiar with his oeuvre.

He harps upon demographic panic more than Donald Trump. He is the Steve King of Fox News.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2018, 06:46:51 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2018, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
No, there is still. Violence or the threat of it cannot be part of politics. Rome tried that. the Weimar Republic also tried it, among others.
but the left still love it :)

Who is gunning down Jews and sending pipe bombs to journalists in this country? (Let alone throwning children into desert concentration camps) It's not the left.

Some chanting outside someone's home, while distasteful, doesn't not compare to murder.

I'm on the right, and I'm on record as condemning political violence, whether perpetrated by the left or the right.  You, GF, and some other posters on the left are on record as either advocating or defending political violence, as long as it's perpetrated by your side of the political divide.

To their credit, some of our leftist posters, such as Valmy, are also on record as being opposed to political violence, regardless or who perpetrates it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on November 08, 2018, 08:38:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2018, 06:46:51 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2018, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
No, there is still. Violence or the threat of it cannot be part of politics. Rome tried that. the Weimar Republic also tried it, among others.
but the left still love it :)

Who is gunning down Jews and sending pipe bombs to journalists in this country? (Let alone throwning children into desert concentration camps) It's not the left.

Some chanting outside someone's home, while distasteful, doesn't not compare to murder.

I'm on the right, and I'm on record as condemning political violence, whether perpetrated by the left or the right.  You, GF, and some other posters on the left are on record as either advocating or defending political violence, as long as it's perpetrated by your side of the political divide.

To their credit, some of our leftist posters, such as Valmy, are also on record as being opposed to political violence, regardless or who perpetrates it.

If I recall what you're talking about, I defended folks brawling with violent neonazi marchers. Not exactly the same level as mass shootings, bombing campaigns or concentration camps.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

So who are these other 'leftist' posters advocating political violence?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

mongers

Eddie Teach

Well, Jacob said something about punching Nazis.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 08, 2018, 09:33:58 PM
Well, Jacob said something about punching Nazis.

Punching, a thing totally equivalent to mass shootings, bombing campaigns and child concentration camps.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2018, 08:55:15 PM

Look over some of the recent political threads and see for yourself.

mongers

Quote from: dps on November 08, 2018, 09:46:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2018, 08:55:15 PM

Look over some of the recent political threads and see for yourself.

The onus is on your to provide evidence for this unsubstantiated claim.

PDH

There are times when I think every single one of you deserved to be punched in the nutsack - and then I realize that there really aren't any other times.  Tucker Carlson doesn't deserve the moral equivalent of a TP party at his house, he deserves Maxine Waters stoned out of her gourd on meth and Fentanyl to kick down his bedroom door and take a chainsaw to his pimply neck, so then she can shit down it before moving on to the next Fox News host.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Do I think it would feel good to punch Tucker Carlson in the face, repeatedly? Yes, I do. It would feel Damn Good.

Will I ever do it, should the chance arise? Of course not, because I'm a civilized human being who understands that my base emotions shouldn't control my every action.

It's not hard people. Jesus christ.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.