And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2018, 11:30:25 AM
Quote from: dps on November 08, 2018, 08:38:40 PM
I'm on the right, and I'm on record as condemning political violence, whether perpetrated by the left or the right. 
that is also my position.

Ditto :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 09, 2018, 11:54:58 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 09, 2018, 08:08:26 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on November 09, 2018, 07:15:53 AM
So now, people who think grab them by the pussy was nothing to worry about, and that the whole Kavanaugh story could only be a lie, are arguing that Acosta clearly assaulted and overpowered a young woman.

Every time I think the shit show south of the border can't get any worse ... it does.  :(

Hopefully Justin will treat our caravans more compassionately :)

We have a pretty vocal anti refugee block of voters here, but I don't think it is the majority.  It will be interesting to see how recent events in the US will affect that.  We are now in our Federal election cycle and it will be interesting to see how the Liberals position themselves on the issue.  It will be even more interesting to see what the Conservatives do.

A small cross section of that divide is evidenced by the discussion Viper and I had in the Canadian politics thread about whether refugees are beneficial or not.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 11:34:18 AM
Who is stealing tax money thru tax evasion?
Artists and their producers, mostly.
How do you think Rozon became so rich?  Free Government money + fiscal paradise.
How do you think so many artists who barely work manage to have such big houses/appartments?

Do you think the government would investigate such people?  A few names surfaced in a trial related to Caisse Desjardins, to one of their acquisitions.  They were never bothered.

Who is lobbying the government to not raise min wage tax ? The right.
What happens when you raise minimum wages?  Companies raises their prices in the short time and then turn to automation.  Who benefits from such automation?  The local coffee shop and it's 150 varieties of tees and coffees or McDonald's?

Who is destroying the environment with their incessant capitalist growth?
Russia?  China?  Africans eager to hunt for Rhinos hors sold at premium in Asia? Venezuela and their oil production?  Brazil burning the rain forest - before the far right dude came along?

QuoteWho is manipulating public opinion towards fear of the others?
Let me see... the people threatening journalists?  That'd be your camp.
The people threatening to burn down a theater?  Your people, not mine.

The people vandalizing universities? I hear they were antifas, not La Meute.
Must be the peope who destroyed a public bathroom because there were cameras installed to watch for vandals...  Again, that wasn't the Conservative Party membership who did this.
Who shut down a radio station for not being leftist enough?  The Liberal Party of Canada, with Supreme Liar Lizza Frulla.   :yucky:
Who threatened to put fire to tents used by reenactors of a famous 18th century battle?  Hint: It wasn't the ADQ.  The PQ and the Bloc sided with them until the pressure by local media was too high to sustain, but then they waited until they won to barely condemn these threats.  Yeah, that was Marois and Duceppe.

Who stage a protest less than one week after the election and called the current government fascist?  If that's not incitation to hatred, just like Trump is doing by calling medias ennemy of the people, I don't know what that is.

On the other side, which political party, influent member of a political party representend in the National Assembly or House of Commons sided with Atalante Quebec? Pegida? Soldiers of Odin?
Surely, you must have names since my side is so violent...

On the other hand of the spectrum, Khadir defended those who vandalized jewish stores for their anti-israel protest, he personally vouched and defended for one of last year protests in Quebec city - the one where your pals attacked random people in the street - , he got arrested for his participation in an illegal protest, he refused to condemn any act of violence or vandalisim commited by the left, and now we have Supreme Leader Snoke Dubois as head of tthe 3rd opposition, 10 of these morons elected to the National Assembly, 10 people for whom violence to achieve their political goals is totally justified.

Don't lecture me about far right here, there's less than a dozen individuals enrolled in these movements.  The rest is just loud talk by loud mouths.  And journalists seeking attention by inflating the real threat.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 09, 2018, 11:50:42 AM
I doubt that. There were way more colonists than redcoats.

Yes but around a third were loyalists
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 09, 2018, 12:03:12 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 09, 2018, 11:50:42 AM
I doubt that. There were way more colonists than redcoats.

Yes but around a third were loyalists

Was it that low at the beginning of the rebellion, or was that the amount that left in the end?

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2018, 12:01:32 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 11:34:18 AM
Who is stealing tax money thru tax evasion?
Artists and their producers, mostly.
How do you think Rozon became so rich?  Free Government money + fiscal paradise.
How do you think so many artists who barely work manage to have such big houses/appartments?

Do you think the government would investigate such people?  A few names surfaced in a trial related to Caisse Desjardins, to one of their acquisitions.  They were never bothered.

Who is lobbying the government to not raise min wage tax ? The right.
What happens when you raise minimum wages?  Companies raises their prices in the short time and then turn to automation.  Who benefits from such automation?  The local coffee shop and it's 150 varieties of tees and coffees or McDonald's?

Who is destroying the environment with their incessant capitalist growth?
Russia?  China?  Africans eager to hunt for Rhinos hors sold at premium in Asia? Venezuela and their oil production?  Brazil burning the rain forest - before the far right dude came along?

QuoteWho is manipulating public opinion towards fear of the others?
Let me see... the people threatening journalists?  That'd be your camp.
The people threatening to burn down a theater?  Your people, not mine.

The people vandalizing universities? I hear they were antifas, not La Meute.
Must be the peope who destroyed a public bathroom because there were cameras installed to watch for vandals...  Again, that wasn't the Conservative Party membership who did this.
Who shut down a radio station for not being leftist enough?  The Liberal Party of Canada, with Supreme Liar Lizza Frulla.   :yucky:
Who threatened to put fire to tents used by reenactors of a famous 18th century battle?  Hint: It wasn't the ADQ.  The PQ and the Bloc sided with them until the pressure by local media was too high to sustain, but then they waited until they won to barely condemn these threats.  Yeah, that was Marois and Duceppe.

Who stage a protest less than one week after the election and called the current government fascist?  If that's not incitation to hatred, just like Trump is doing by calling medias ennemy of the people, I don't know what that is.

On the other side, which political party, influent member of a political party representend in the National Assembly or House of Commons sided with Atalante Quebec? Pegida? Soldiers of Odin?
Surely, you must have names since my side is so violent...

On the other hand of the spectrum, Khadir defended those who vandalized jewish stores for their anti-israel protest, he personally vouched and defended for one of last year protests in Quebec city - the one where your pals attacked random people in the street - , he got arrested for his participation in an illegal protest, he refused to condemn any act of violence or vandalisim commited by the left, and now we have Supreme Leader Snoke Dubois as head of tthe 3rd opposition, 10 of these morons elected to the National Assembly, 10 people for whom violence to achieve their political goals is totally justified.

Don't lecture me about far right here, there's less than a dozen individuals enrolled in these movements.  The rest is just loud talk by loud mouths.  And journalists seeking attention by inflating the real threat.

Corporate violence is not less bad than street violence. You defend all my questions using the typical tactical right lines of "what about the economy" Fuck the economy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2018, 12:04:34 PM
Was it that low at the beginning of the rebellion, or was that the amount that left in the end?

Depends how you define the line between "loyalist" and somone not happy with the rebellion but not active in resisting it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2018, 11:54:01 AM
We are not experiencing it first hand, yet. 
I'm lucky I don't have many union project this year.  Otherwise, it would have been hell with the 2 strikes.

Translation of a newspiece concerning the last illegal strike

Original text

This one is last year strike:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-iQaESsSk
The entrepreneur and workers needed the help of the police to escape safely from the illegal strike.

This is only the tip of the iceberg.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 12:12:07 PM
Fuck the economy.
yeah, very funny coming from someone whose job depends on government subsidies and tax breaks.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2018, 12:20:03 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2018, 11:54:01 AM
We are not experiencing it first hand, yet. 
I'm lucky I don't have many union project this year.  Otherwise, it would have been hell with the 2 strikes.

Translation of a newspiece concerning the last illegal strike

Original text

This one is last year strike:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-iQaESsSk
The entrepreneur and workers needed the help of the police to escape safely from the illegal strike.

This is only the tip of the iceberg.

I think some perspective is needed.  An illegal strike is a far cry from political violence.  As you say, you are really making the argument that it a prelude to something more.  But I think history is against you on that proposition.  Unions tend to become less radical over time as the labour law reforms the advocate are implemented.  Turns out unionized workers are not, generally speaking, radical.  They seem to just want a fair shake and a decent quality of life for their family.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 09, 2018, 12:19:11 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

Depends how you define the line between "loyalist" and somone not happy with the rebellion but not active in resisting it.

Ok, so a large range of undecideds?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2018, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 12:12:07 PM
Fuck the economy.
yeah, very funny coming from someone whose job depends on government subsidies and tax breaks.

:hmm: Everyone's jobs depends on this?

btw, I haven't worked at Ubisoft for 10 years.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

What GF is saying (I think) is fuck the current economic model. When we have massive migration over the next 50 years, I think we'll all wish we had fucked the economy right proper.