News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 09, 2018, 09:18:53 PM
And what does that have to do with America?
that's future once Sanders side has won.  Hard left governance is no more a "paradise" than some mythical libertarian country.

I despise extremists on both sides and will never condone political violence, even if it came from a political faction I support.  Unlike many others.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Seems to me the west went to war against fascism. Sometimes violence is needed. I'm not saying it's needed against Tucked Carlson. Guy seems to be the type that'd flinch at even a mention of physical discomfort.

The Brain

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2018, 06:32:35 PM
Seems to me the west went to war against fascism. Sometimes violence is needed. I'm not saying it's needed against Tucked Carlson. Guy seems to be the type that'd flinch at even a mention of physical discomfort.

The West went to war against aggressive military expansion. If it had been against Fascism (even in a broad sense) the West would have gone to war against Italy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

Eddie Teach

I believe it was Italy who declared war on the West. Mussolini wasn't very smart. Franco stayed neutral and ruled another 30 years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2018, 04:23:17 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2018, 02:12:06 AM
Are we seriously comparing the maid you pay cash with Panama Papers level stuff?

I don't think it's as obvious as you make it out to be.  I've never seen any actual figures.  Lots of small amounts can often add up to more than a few large amounts.

Given that all those small amounts are likely not taxable in any event given the fact the person taking the money earns to little, I am not sure how that compares to the billions of dollars taken off shore to avoid tax.

dps

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2018, 02:02:22 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2018, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: dps on November 09, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
There's been a lot of stupid stuff posted here over the years, but I think the idea that tax evasion is something only done by right-wingers may be the stupidest.

Hmmmm....doubtful.

Yeah, I think there are probably stupider things that have been posted.

Well, I just referring to things actually posted by posters here;  I wasn't including posts that were just repeating Trump's tweets.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on November 10, 2018, 10:17:45 PM
Well, I just referring to things actually posted by posters here;  I wasn't including posts that were just repeating Trump's tweets.

I think Marty posted something stupider than that twice a week. But hey I am not saying that tax evasion stuff isn't stupid.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on November 10, 2018, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: dps on November 09, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
There's been a lot of stupid stuff posted here over the years, but I think the idea that tax evasion is something only done by right-wingers may be the stupidest.

Tax evasion is done by the rich, poor people can't afford the knowledge.
and you think leftist are only poor, oppressed people?

Tell me, what do you think of Jocelyn Dupuis?

And why is it that it so happens that so many high level FTQ executives just happenned to have condo adresses right next to known mobsters and Hell's Angels in buildings finance by their "Fond de Solidarité"?

And why is it that union development funds, "totally" dedicated to creating jobs in Quebec (mostly) &Canada (can't avoid it) happen to invest in fiscal paradise or countries with very lax fiscal (and legal) rules?

You might want to rethink your asumptions.

There are no people more oppressed than the people of Quebec.  Specifically the people of Quebec within earshot of Viper.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Btw, can you imagine the shitstorm it would be if Obama would skip visiting a military cemetery because of a bit of rain?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2018, 01:59:02 AM
Btw, can you imagine the shitstorm it would be if Obama would skip visiting a military cemetery because of a bit of rain?

Donald Trump called all POWs losers and got elected President with overwhelming military support so they clearly do not care about symbolic gestures.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2018, 09:09:50 PM
It did go to war with Italy.

No. As Eddie says it was the other way around.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sophie Scholl

Like Trump violating all sorts of other Evangelical talking points and general Conservative ones?  Yeah, I think we're well past the point of thinking that those legitimately mean anything other than as use for ammunition against the opposition.  Everything is worth compromising as long as your side does it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tamas

He is not white though.

Tamas

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 11, 2018, 04:43:12 AM
Like Trump violating all sorts of other Evangelical talking points and general Conservative ones?  Yeah, I think we're well past the point of thinking that those legitimately mean anything other than as use for ammunition against the opposition.  Everything is worth compromising as long as your side does it.

yeah