And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 09, 2018, 08:48:13 AM
You needn't worry. As the meme writers are so fond of pointing out, they're the side with the guns.
That's what they said about the south in the other civil war.

Edit: not specifically about guns, but about more experienced troops and officers.

Eddie Teach

"You needn't worry, this idea is ridiculous" didn't have the same quippy feel. But yeah, the winner of this hypothetical war would depend on a lot of things.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on November 09, 2018, 06:52:29 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 09, 2018, 08:48:13 AM
You needn't worry. As the meme writers are so fond of pointing out, they're the side with the guns.
That's what they said about the south in the other civil war.

Edit: not specifically about guns, but about more experienced troops and officers.

I think that guns were more common in the South.  They did have a large populace that needed to be kept down at all costs.  That's why they're militia system was stronger than the North.  The dirty secret of the war though, is that nobody had experienced troops or officers.  I don't think there was anyone of the entire continent that had commanded more than 20,000 soldiers in one battle, and the one guy who did that was too old and fat to fight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2018, 11:26:33 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2018, 06:46:51 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2018, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
No, there is still. Violence or the threat of it cannot be part of politics. Rome tried that. the Weimar Republic also tried it, among others.
but the left still love it :)

Who is gunning down Jews and sending pipe bombs to journalists in this country? (Let alone throwning children into desert concentration camps) It's not the left.

Some chanting outside someone's home, while distasteful, doesn't not compare to murder.
Hmm, let's see... who here, in Quebec....

And what does that have to do with America?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

There's been a lot of stupid stuff posted here over the years, but I think the idea that tax evasion is something only done by right-wingers may be the stupidest.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on November 09, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
There's been a lot of stupid stuff posted here over the years, but I think the idea that tax evasion is something only done by right-wingers may be the stupidest.

Hmmmm....doubtful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Tax evasion is done by the rich, poor people can't afford the knowledge.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 10:07:08 PM

Getting cash under the table and underdeclaring tips probably skew toward the bottom of the income spectrum.

Eddie Teach

Besides, rich people aren't all right wingers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2018, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 10:07:08 PM

Getting cash under the table and underdeclaring tips probably skew toward the bottom of the income spectrum.

Sure but it's peanuts compared to the amounts lost through tax evasion.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 10:53:46 PM

Do you know this or are you inferring?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2018, 11:59:25 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 10:53:46 PM

Do you know this or are you inferring?

I don't know how you'd go about seeing how much money is paid under the table.  Of course paying someone under the table is tax evasion.  The cost of Tax evasion is a little short of half a billion a year.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2018, 09:59:51 PM

Hmmmm....doubtful.

Yeah, I think there are probably stupider things that have been posted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.