What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on November 11, 2018, 09:42:56 AM
He's trying to learn things, really  :lol:

Mark Lowen
Verified account @marklowen
In today's ⁦@lemondefr⁩: When #Trump received the leaders of #Estonia, #Latvia and #Lithuania, he began by blaming them for the war in Yugoslavia. It took them a few moments to realise he'd mixed up the Balkans and the Baltics. ⁦@SylvieKauffmann⁩

That is not true right? I mean why would he even be talking about the war in Yugoslavia?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2018, 06:23:20 PM
That is not true right? I mean why would he even be talking about the war in Yugoslavia?

Melania is Slovene.

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on November 11, 2018, 05:49:04 PM
That we should sterilize neo-nazis by punching them in the genitals? Yeah sure. That's my opinion. Super realistic. Not a figure of speech or anything.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get me to say. I don't believe in punching first but I also don't believe in turning the other cheek. The Charlotteville volkdeutsch came prepared with weapons and body armor. I was totally fine when the counterprotesters started swinging back, especially since the police were unwilling or ineffective in controlling the marches.

Would you be willing to promote sterilizing violent antifa by punching them in the genitals?  Super-realistic tough-guy-on-the-internet-style?  Or do you just dislike the thugs on the other side?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

I just dislike thugs on the other side. They are way more numerous, more violent and have caused many, many, many more casualties than antifa.

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on November 11, 2018, 07:41:21 PM
I just dislike thugs on the other side. They are way more numerous, more violent and have caused many, many, many more casualties than antifa.

Well, there's our difference:  I dislike thugs because they are thugs, and you only dislike them because they are not your thugs.  You and the trumpeters share the same double standards, and differ only in the fine details.  If people are looking for where the problem lies in today's politics, I submit your post as evidence.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

Quote from: grumbler on November 11, 2018, 08:55:29 PM
You and the trumpeters share the same double standards, and differ only in the fine details.

lol sure grumbler sure. Fascists and anti-fascists are the same  :huh:

Razgovory

Well, there's our difference:  I dislike thugs because they are thugs, and you only dislike them because they are not your thugs.  You and the trumpeters share the same double standards, and differ only in the fine details.  If people are looking for where the problem lies in today's politics, I submit your post as evidence.

If people were looking for why moderates and centrists tolerated the rise of the Nazis I would submit your post.  This isn't just an off hand snarky comment,  This is a real reason why people tolerated the Nazis.  Ian Kershaw once stated that "The Road to Auschwitz was paved with indifference" and that indifference was bred by people like you making false equivalency arguments.

We have people who openly talk about committing genocide in this country, and as the events of the last few weeks have shown, will actually murder as many people as they can when they get tired of talking about it.  We have people who want to stop them, and finally we have people who equally hostile to both the murderous Nazis and those that try to stop them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Well it was not like the KPD was not also a big problem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Where are these people that are hostile to the people trying to stop mail bombers and synagogue shooters?

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2018, 09:46:46 PM

If people were looking for why moderates and centrists tolerated the rise of the Nazis I would submit your post.  This isn't just an off hand snarky comment,  This is a real reason why people tolerated the Nazis.  Ian Kershaw once stated that "The Road to Auschwitz was paved with indifference" and that indifference was bred by people like you making false equivalency arguments.

We have people who openly talk about committing genocide in this country, and as the events of the last few weeks have shown, will actually murder as many people as they can when they get tired of talking about it.  We have people who want to stop them, and finally we have people who equally hostile to both the murderous Nazis and those that try to stop them.

I for one am proud to say that I'm equally hostile to people who mail letter bombs to prominent Democrats and people who shoot up Republican Congressmen practicing for a softball game.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2018, 09:51:43 PM
Where are these people that are hostile to the people trying to stop mail bombers and synagogue shooters?

The people who are saying "Both sides".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2018, 09:47:40 PM
Well it was not like the KPD was not also a big problem.

They were just well-meaning anti-Fascists.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on November 11, 2018, 09:52:52 PM

I for one am proud to say that I'm equally hostile to people who mail letter bombs to prominent Democrats and people who shoot up Republican Congressmen practicing for a softball game.

What about the people who try to intimidate Nazis?  The people who try to drive them back underground.  The ones that want to make the Nazis afraid to crawl out from under their rocks?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2018, 09:53:27 PM

You're really reaching Raz.  For what it's worth I don't see Proud Boys et al and antifas as morally equivalent, but someone who does is not trying to stop people who are trying to stop letter bombs.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2018, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2018, 09:53:27 PM

You're really reaching Raz.  For what it's worth I don't see Proud Boys et al and antifas as morally equivalent, but someone who does is not trying to stop people who are trying to stop letter bombs.

I was really thinking more of the Nazi who shot up the Synagogue.  How would you stop the Nazis?  Stern letters?  Public debates?