News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/live-updates/midterms/midterm-election-updates/trump-warns-house-democrats-about-investigating-him-and-his-administration/?utm_term=.6115a93df221

QuoteTrump warns House Democrats about investigating him and his administration
President Trump on Wednesday warned House Democrats not to "waste Taxpayer Money" on investigations of his administration, saying Senate Republicans would respond with probes into leaks of classified information presumably by Democrats.

The president's comment, in one of a series of post-election tweets, comes as Democrats prepared to take over control of the House. They are poised to scrutinize Trump administration policies on immigration, education and health care, and to examine his personal finances and potential ties to Russia.

"If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level," Trump said on Twitter. "Two can play that game!"

While Republicans lost the House on Tuesday, they made gains in the Senate.

Trump has previously alleged that Justice Department officials who served in the Obama administration, including former FBI director James B. Comey, leaked information intended to undercut him.

In a separate tweet Wednesday, Trump also warned "pundits and talking heads" against not giving him "proper credit" for the performance of Republicans on Tuesday's ballot.

This threat better be met by the Democrats in the House. If they are not ready to reign in this corrupt and out of control executive then we deserve to lose in 2020.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2018, 12:30:45 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2018, 12:11:56 PM
Personally I think the entire WH press corps and all news organization should refuse to cover WH briefings until Sanders apologizes or is fired.

The problem is that all things Trump gets great ratings for all the news networks.  If they refused to cover Trump no one would watch.

refusing to cover whitehouse briefings is not the same as not covering Trump. 

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 08, 2018, 01:32:46 PM
That does not strike me as controversial.

I'm guessing this is the kind of Tweet that got him the position he now has.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2018, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 08, 2018, 01:32:46 PM
That does not strike me as controversial.

I'm guessing this is the kind of Tweet that got him the position he now has.

What I mean is he was correct as a matter of law.  One needs to read more into his statement for it to become nefarious.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2018, 03:07:35 AM
An useful lesson for Trump's political boosters. You may think yourself an ally of the President, but all you are is an object to be used when useful and then disposed like garbage when not.
Some people are so addicted to power and notoriety, they'll be willing to take any scraps they can get for as short as it lasts.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2018, 10:55:04 AM
People need to be secure in their own homes.
that's why we, err- sorry, you have castle doctrines.  ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
No, there is still. Violence or the threat of it cannot be part of politics. Rome tried that. the Weimar Republic also tried it, among others.
but the left still love it :)

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2018, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
No, there is still. Violence or the threat of it cannot be part of politics. Rome tried that. the Weimar Republic also tried it, among others.
but the left still love it :)

it's not a left thing only. Extreme people are just that, extreme. it's wrong from both sides
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2018, 01:55:52 PM
An useful lesson for Trump's political boosters. You may think yourself an ally of the President, but all you are is an object to be used when useful and then disposed like garbage when not.
Some people are so addicted to power and notoriety, they'll be willing to take any scraps they can get for as short as it lasts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sessions takes his Senate seat back.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 08, 2018, 02:07:33 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2018, 01:55:52 PM

I dunno - Sessions image is mightily diminished.  GOP voters in Alabama love Trump.  And I can't imagine Trump wants to have Sessions to deal with anymore.

You know: thinking about it Trump put together a reasonably attractive cabinet at first (plus Ben Carson).  But the way he's treated people like Jeff Sessions and Rex Tillerson it's hard to see how he'd attract any respectable candidates in the future.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Well he will have to wait a couple years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2018, 02:16:54 PM

Well he will have to wait a couple years.

Yep. And a little time can heal things. Trump was out campaigning for Mitt this year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall