What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

What could the Russians possibly have that makes Trump look worse than Trump does all by himself? And something that makes his remaining supporters abandon him? Anything released by the Russians will be "fake newsed" and more importantly buried in whatever insane real and important (and potentially lethal) policy stuff Trump decides to do that week, and release week he will certainly go to eleven. Any video or sound recording can be claimed to be actors/CGI (tech people might prove they're not but Trump fans don't exactly trust the experts) and North Korea offers potentially endless diversion on short notice.

If Putin shoots his load and it doesn't impress anyone he will look like a fool. And he doesn't care for that I don't think.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on September 04, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2017, 09:57:43 PM
Stop taunting me damnit!

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/904813776033251328

QuotePolitician on #Russia's state TV urges retaliation:
—"Let's hit Trump with our Kompromat!"
Host: "Do we have it?"
— "Of course we have it!"

6:09 AM - Sep 5, 2017

I doubt any kompromat they have is particularly useful. They'll need to save it for an election. Few people will change their position just because there is a video of someone peeing on Trump or evidence that he's up to his neck in Russian millions. Anything that might move the needle will be swallowed in the "fake news" counter cycle.

I think more to the point is that none of that would actually be news anyway.

We already know he is a pervert, morally bankrupt, sexually exploitive, and a complete crook when it comes to his business dealings.

The problems with Trump are all known. There is no secret here.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Liep

If a video of Trump being peed on or just watching someone pee on a bed was made public I think it would change a lot.

Quote from: Berkut on September 05, 2017, 07:58:09 AM
We already know he is a pervert, morally bankrupt, sexually exploitive, and a complete crook when it comes to his business dealings.

Your "We" isn't including his base who thinks he's lucky to be able to marry young beautiful women, smart in business and female relationship. A pee tape would change their views because they would no longer dream of being in his situation... I think most of them wouldn't.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

His base knows he is a piece of shit, they just rationalize it away.

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on September 05, 2017, 08:16:30 AM

Sure, but it's harder to rationalize a video of urin sex than a video of talking, however reprehensible that conversation might be.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

The pee tape wouldn't shed any light on Trump's character, this is true. It would still damage him immensely, as it would give credence to the Russian connection. It's one thing if he's our asshole...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on September 05, 2017, 08:23:15 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 05, 2017, 08:16:30 AM

Sure, but it's harder to rationalize a video of urin sex than a video of talking, however reprehensible that conversation might be.
"He's a piece of shit, I always knew that, but he understands what's right for the country."

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2017, 01:24:28 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 05, 2017, 12:42:49 AM
That's pretty goofy.

Yeah Canada will rightfully run into a brick wall if that's their stance.

Why? The US demands are equally, in some case more, ridiculous than that. I have no idea what's Mexico's strategy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on September 05, 2017, 08:46:18 AM
"He's a piece of shit, I always knew that, but he understands what's right for the country."
More like "He's a piece of shit, I always knew that, but HILLARY IS MUCH WORSE LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111oneoneone"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

A peepee tape doesn't hit the top 20 of screwed up stuff Trump's done that would have sunk anyone else.  Release of the tape would just be another Reality TV moment he'd shrug off, his people will then spin it as proof he isn't a Russian tool.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on September 05, 2017, 09:36:33 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 05, 2017, 08:46:18 AM
More like "He's a piece of shit, I always knew that, but HILLARY IS MUCH WORSE LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111oneoneone"

:ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  6h6 hours ago
Congress, get ready to do your job - DACA!

So, the GOP-controlled Congress that can't even manage to implement a cornerstone of conservative politics like ACA repeal has now to tackle immigration reform? I wouldn't count on that turning out well for the Dreamers.

The Minsky Moment

I thought DACA was an executive program, what is Congress supposed to be doing?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 05, 2017, 02:05:59 PM
I thought DACA was an executive program, what is Congress supposed to be doing?

IIRC, the initial controversy with DACA, as a program, was whether or not the executive had the authority to implement such a program (bypassing congress).  Congress voted to defund it, but it funds itself...and I don't think there has been any resolved court challenge...so it is still going.

The idea here, I gather, is that Trump wants to Congress to "fix" the issue (assuming that there is a problem that needs fixing), by scuttling the executive program and demanding a legislative one.