News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languishing Dead (DoW Forum Game)

Started by Habbaku, September 16, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

:huh: But I am the last player and we need 5!

garbon

Have you not paid attention to anything people said in the thread?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2016, 10:05:00 AM
Have you not paid attention to anything people said in the thread?

Meh it was 3 days ago. I forgot you are all useless :P

Tamas

Ok I need to talk through this to make sure I understand the situation:

There's 6 of us in the colony so there would be 3 zombies placed, so positions 1-3. Pos. 1 has an empty space, the others have barricades, so if I put one barricade up on pos. 1 we will lose all 3 barricades in the 3 positions but we won't have more zombies.

We have enough food and the waste pile is 4 shy of causing trouble.

ASSUMING THE ABOVE IS CORRECT:

Principal Thurston is spending the 3 die to construct a barricate at position 1, then spends the 6 die to kill a zombie at position 5.

Rod moves to the Grocery Store (no exposure for him) and searches with the 3 die

Habbaku

Exposure roll for the Principal's zombie-whacking comes up blank, so he's safe.

I've sent a PM for what Rod found.  Anything else before I end the turn?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

End of Turn Phase:

Pay Food: Colonists eat 3.  Food reserve down to 1.
Check Waste: 6, so fine.
Resolve Crisis: Only two Tools were contributed, so Crisis fails.  -1 Morale.

Per the Crisis failure condition, everyone must give a character they control to someone on their "left".

Garbon->Beeb->Berkut->Tamas->Celedhring->Garbon for ease.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Habbaku

Survivors switched out!

Add Zombies 3 zombies added to the colony, 1 each to locations 1-3.  One barricade is destroyed in all 3 locations instead of zombie placement.

2 zombies to the Police Station, 1 each to Grocery Store, School, and Library.  Enjoy the company!

Main Objective continues...

Now entering Round 2.

First Player is now Garbon, so he will go first this turn.

New crisis added is...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgco69i16sqwmwa/Crisis2.jpg?dl=0

Crisis2

Overpopulation.  The group needs to contribute 5 Food cards this turn (note that value of the cards is irrelevant for this purpose) or lose 2 survivors with the lowest influence.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Overview of the map at the outset of Round 2.  Note that dice have been rolled, so you should be able to see and plan your turn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eogm2iqgche8d2i/Round5.jpg?dl=0

Round5

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Mayor uses ability to add one to die 1 and Felicia uses that to search in the police station.