News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languishing Dead (DoW Forum Game)

Started by Habbaku, September 16, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

What is going on with Berk? Seeming most untrustworthy with his many fakeouts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

*starts flipping through rules on exiling players...*
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2016, 12:28:37 PM
OKay - contribute Food 1 to colony food supply and end turn.

I will post an update late tonight, most likely.

Berkut should feel free to post a rough idea of what he wants to do with his turn, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Send my soldier to kill zombies, and my ninja to go search for something useful.

Or have him kills zombies as well.

Thoughts, fellow surivors?

0 rows returned

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 29, 2016, 06:50:59 PM
Send my soldier to kill zombies, and my ninja to go search for something useful.

Or have him kills zombies as well.

Thoughts, fellow surivors?

Killing with the soldier doesn't require anything except spending your '6' die on it, so I'll consider that done.  Just need confirmation as to what you're doing with the other two dice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

OK, with the "1" die, Thomas will kill another zombie.

WIth the "4" die, Mike will go to the Police Station and search. What die does he need to get busy with Felicia?

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2016, 08:18:26 AM

WIth the "4" die, Mike will go to the Police Station and search. What die does he need to get busy with Felicia?

I'll happily penetrate you with my sword.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Which zombies are you intending to kill here?  I still have no idea which you want to kill with the '6'.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Heh, I just realized the Felicia Day survivor is supposed to be the actual Felicia Day. Call me slow.  :D

garbon

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 30, 2016, 09:55:41 AM

Which zombies are you intending to kill here?  I still have no idea which you want to kill with the '6'.

Sorry - I thought that was automatic or something - don't we want to kill them kind of evenly around the perimeter?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Not necessarily, no.  Look at the way the zombie-placement system works.  You place them sequentially around the 6 entry spaces, but always starting with the first space.  So, if you're to place 4 zombies, one each goes to 1-4.  But if you place seven, you get two in position 1, and one zombie in all the other positions.

This goes double for a variety of means of having zombies placed (say, via Crossroads events, or by Crisis cards).  So, position 1 is a bit more of a priority than 2, then 2 more than 3, etc., depending on how many zombies you think you're going to have to deal with.

Having 3 zombies in a single location is usually bad, though, due to the potential for overrun.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

So is the current pic in dropbox correct, with zombies like this:

If so, take one each from positions 4-6.

0 rows returned