Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

The freaking Sikhs served in WW1 and WW2 without helmets. If they are that committed to their silly hats I think Canada can be flexible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: LaCroix on March 23, 2016, 10:54:33 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 23, 2016, 10:45:28 AMyou speak dutch?
apparently an eyewitnessreport from a brussels fireman, yesterday.
given the proliferation of media and probable obscurity (I never heard of the site until now) of the site it's unlikely you'd have found it.
The phenomenon is hardly new though.

http://www.dagelijksestandaard.nl/2016/03/brusselse-brandweerman-immigranten-stonden-na-aanslagen-te-dansen-en-te-lachen-en-maakten-onthoofdingsgebaren/

nope, but google translate does an OK job. thanks

so, the story comes from a fb post?
QuoteBij het terugkomen van interventie met betrekking tot de aanslagen van vandaag, heeft het ons gedegouteerd hoeveel groeperingen van vreemde origine stonden te dansen en te lachen en gebaarden ons te onthoofden!!! Ze laten enkel beelden zien van mensen die sympathie tonen, maar over hoe een grote meerderheid denk, wordt niet getoond! Dit zijn even gevaarlijke mensen dan de daders zelf!!!!
QuoteUpon return of intervention with regard to the attacks of today , it has disgusted us how many groups of foreign origin were dancing and laughing and motioned to behead us !!! They show only images of people showing sympathy, but think about how a large majority , is not displayed! These are equally dangerous people than the perpetrators themselves !!!!

I dunno, doesn't seem very specific. could be an emotional response to seeing some asshole 17 year old who thinks he's cool making a beheading sign while laughing. kids generally don't have much empathy
les excuses sont faites pour s'en servir... It's safer to assume they know exactly what they were doing, that they mean everything and that the fireman saw exactly what saw.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2016, 09:43:04 AM
You guys are both hillarious and sad. You are talking about punishing the airport workers for the terror attacks, just because they happen to be Muslims as well (originating from a Muslim country anyways - who knows if they even follow the religion). Great form.

People calling for ethnic profiling tend to be assholish in general. :P

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on March 23, 2016, 11:01:37 AM

Well what is your plan? I mean I have called for my own ethnicity to be monitored for people who meet the mass shooter profile. When most of them are angry white men wouldn't it make sense to monitor angry white men? Or is it ok since I am talking about white men?

Or in the name of not being as asshole should we weaken our efforts by deploying equal resources looking over elderly Latina women?

Or do we pretend mass shootings are not a problem in the US and do not study the profile of the offenders and just sit back?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2016, 11:02:48 AM
Well what is your plan? I mean I have called for my own ethnicity to be monitored for people who meet the mass shooter profile. When most of them are angry white men wouldn't it make sense to monitor angry white men? Or is it ok since I am talking about white men?

Or in the name of not being as asshole should we weaken our efforts by deploying equal resources looking over elderly Latino women?

How about conserving our resources by monitoring people about whom there is reasonable suspicion, instead of monitoring thousands of random and most likely innocent people? I don't want police and security services getting that kind of power in any case.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on March 23, 2016, 11:06:10 AM

How about conserving our resources by monitoring people about whom there is reasonable suspicion, instead of monitoring thousands of random and most likely innocent people?

What is the standard of "reasonable suspicion"? Almost all of those shooters were completely innocent people before they committed a mass shooting. So...do nothing is the solution?

QuoteI don't want police and security services getting that kind of power in any case.

Well that boat sailed away decades ago, if not centuries.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2016, 11:10:22 AMWhat is the standard of "reasonable suspicion"?

I think it's something like, "he walked a little funny." that might be a slight exaggeration

derspiess

You guys are both hillarious and sad. You are talking about punishing the airport workers for the terror attacks, just because they happen to be Muslims as well (originating from a Muslim country anyways - who knows if they even follow the religion). Great form.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 23, 2016, 09:48:38 AM
The Syrian Civil War stems from the Arab Spring.

The overthrow of the Tunisian dictator encouraged the populations of other states to try to bring down their oppressive regimes.

Tim will come back and say that the Tunisian dude who set himself on fire really did so because the tomato plants in his garden died from global warming.  Or possibly global warming got so hot that he spontaneously combusted.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on March 23, 2016, 11:01:37 AM

I meant Martinus' idea on putting pork in his luggage just to screw with the Muslim security guards. I agree with the idea of profiling as resources are scarce and lives are at stake.

derspiess

Tamas

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2016, 09:29:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 08:58:56 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2016, 08:23:31 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 07:43:42 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 23, 2016, 06:20:58 AM
A little anecdote from my boss who flew back from Paris a few days ago. Bags were being checked very thoroughly, they were emptying them and going through everything. Funnily, all the airport security personnel were Muslim, and all the travelers were white. :P

So are you saying the security at Paris airports is not to be trusted?

He's saying put bacon and other pork products in your bags for some extra fun.

:thumbsup:

I will make sure to use this idea if/when travelling for my secondment.

Heh, may want to rethink that - importing meat products in your luggage = problems with inspectors, regardless of religion.  :lol:

Hell, after vodka, Polish sausages are the primary vendor item at souvenir shops at Warsaw airport. Which means I can actually put it in my carry on luggage.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2016, 11:38:05 AM
Luggage pork was my idea :contract:

ok but he was the one who jizzed all over it

"Jizzing all over luggage pork" should be an idiom if it isn't one already.