Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

At the entrance to the freight zone their are currently police cars. We hear sirens and we heard some explosions when we opened the windows ourselves. We follow info on the newswebsites.
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland/article/detail/2654073/2016/03/22/LIVE-Zeker-een-dode-bij-aanslag-op-Brussels-Airport.dhtmlmore pictures

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Archy

current eye witness report. before explosion shooting and there was something shouted in arabic.
After arrest of Abdelsalam their were riots by allochton youths in the place he was arrested.

Archy

Apparantly also explosions in the Metro in Brussels City. It's bigger than the airport

Admiral Yi

I'm guessing a lot of terrorists dudes were afraid Absolom would give them up, so they compressed the schedule.

Crazy_Ivan80

terrorlevel to maximum in entire country now (was so on al airports before), Brussel Cetraal/Midi apparently evacuated, same for Brussel Metro system. Seems smoke is coming from one (maybe more) of the metro stations.

from De Tijd (second link in OP)
"09:22
Bericht over aanslagen in metro
Volgens verschillende berichten zou er nu ook een explosie zijn gehoord in één of meerdere metrostations in Brussel."

->Report about attacks in metro. According to reports an explosion has been heard in one of more metrostations in Brussel.

edit1 -the attack in metroStation Maalbeek (close to de Wetstraat/Rue de Loi: political heart of the state) seems to have been confirmed.

edit2 (in regards to Archy's message): Belga has a report seemingly confirming the arab shouting before the explosions. It also mentions shooting before that.

edit3: apparently attacks in two more metroStations (Wetstraat, Schuman)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Is anyone surprised by any of this? This thread will go just like the Paris once - cant wait for Raz's "contribution".  :rolleyes:

Jaron

Stop being racist, Martinus. ;) :P

BB will be most offended...

jimmy olsen

:(

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/mar/22/brussels-airport-explosions-live-updates

4m ago 08:55

The deathtoll at the Zaventem airport in Brussels has increased to 13, according to the Belgian broadcaster VRT. Another 35 people were severely injured it said, Reuters reports.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk